Sunday, November 19, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #310: Kenny Little

  First of all, I apologize for the blurriness of the photos. The latest development in the ongoing saga of my camera problems is that now it has ceased to work at all. I am forced to use my phone or Ken's camera, which he's not crazy about. These were taken with the phone, and it wouldn't focus on something so small.

  Today's doll is one I got at the miniature show yesterday. He's Kenny Little


  The Littles were a series of 'little' dolls, with a house and lots of furniture, released by Mattel in the early 1980's. There was a whole family of Littles, including Mr. and Mrs. Little and the baby, who came packaged together, as well as several daughters, and a son named Kenny. I see Mrs. Little and various daughters occasionally. I have never found Mr. Little or Kenny in the wild before. 


Kenny has freckles.


Kenny is about 2 inches tall, with cloth clothes over an all vinyl body.



Kenny originally came with a rocking horse, a wagon, a teddy bear, a blanket, and a pillow. He had a twin sister named Becky, who came separately. Becky came with a rocking chair with a cushion, tiny dollhouse, blanket, and a cat. Like all The Littles, he's jointed at the neck, shoulders, and hips.


So her can stand or sit down.

And he can raise his arms.


As I have said before, dolls are generally cheaper at toy shows, and toys are cheaper at doll shows. In addition to that, miniature shows don't put much value on dolls. They're more about the furniture, accessories, and building materials. So I only paid a dollar for Kenny.



  In spite of being 80's toys, The Littles have a very 60's/70's look about them. Am I right? Kiddley, aren't they?





  You may have seen my post on Mrs. Little and a couple of daughters. I talked a bit about the Littles universe and what was available. You can find that post HERE. I also gave you a link to a page with loads of Littles information and pictures. You can see that page HERE.


  That's the doll for today. See you tomorrow for another doll I picked up, (and actually paid for and brought back, Why do people say they 'picked it up', about things they bought?), at the miniature show. See you then.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you find this little guy since you were looking for him. Will he make an appearance in the doll house?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.