Saturday, April 22, 2017

Doll-A-Day 2017 #112 Shrunken Saturday:1930's Dollhouse Girl

 On the last Shrunken Saturday  we saw a little 1930's dollhouse boy. this week we're looking at his 'sister'.



The dress is not original to her.


When I got her she was only wearing her underwear.


I've had this dress for a while and didn't have a doll it fit. When I came across it recently it occurred to me that it might fit her.


It's a little wider than she is, but still looks ok.


It isn't perfect, but it saves me from having to try to sew her one, which is a good thing, since I don't sew well.

The lace around the neckline does bunch up under her chin though.


I had to fold it down inside to stop it.



Her shoes are painted on.


She has molded socks, but for some reason they were never painted in.


 Little girls in the '30's wore their dresses very short, so this is actually correct.

Like these girls.

And of course, the most famous and influential little girl of the thirties,Shirley Temple.


There must be something good in the bread box. My Dad, who was born in 1923,always talked about what a treat it was to get 'light bread',in other words, store bought bread. These days homemade bread is the treat,and store bread is old news.

She is marked what I think is 'Germany' on her back,although very faintly.


She's painted bisque, like her 'brother'. I hate the feel of bisque, but smooth, painted bisque doesn't bother me.



There must have been some cookies in the bread box.
She has lots of molded curls.






At 3 3/4" tall she's the tallest of the three 1930's dollhouse dolls I have.

The maid is 3 1/2" tall, and the little boy is 3 1/4" tall.


I love these German dollhouse dolls.

 I got these at an auction,along with another girl I didn't care much for. I'm going to use her to pay for these guys.(In other words, I'm going to try to sell her for what the lot cost, and then mine are free.) I'll show her to you before I let her go.
  See you tomorrow for another doll.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks in advance for your comments.