Sunday, October 29, 2017

Looking for help for a greiving mother

  This isn't today's post. That will be up in a while. This is an extra post. I read the following post a couple of days ago on the blog Dolls,Dolls,Dolls and asked the blogger,Vanda, if I could repost it,to help a mom find a doll like the one belonging to her daughter,who passed away. I'm asking all you doll people out there to help this mom locate a doll like the one in the post. If you know where one can be found, please contact the email address provided in the post,,or the comment section of the original post,which I put a link to in the post below.

Here is Paula’s message.
Hi, I am looking for a specific Corolle doll and I am wondering if you might be able to help me. I believe the doll I am looking for is this one. My three year old daughter died ten months ago very suddenly. She was in hospital and when they took her away, her Corolle doll was with her. I hadn’t realized it would be cremated with her, and I would like to get a replacement. I have done a lot of web browsing, and the only thing I can find is in France for 35 Euros plus about $45 shipping, so thought I might try some other avenues. Hers was 12 inches with a bean bag white body printed with the Corolle logo, and vinyl arms and legs. The eyes didn’t open and close, but they were blue, and it had short blonde hair. Grace was a very special little girl, born at 26 weeks under extremely adverse conditions, and survived through so much to come out a happy, healthy girl with no problems except for a bowel issue that wasn’t supposed to be much of an issue. Unfortunately, complications from the bowel scar tissue that doctors nor ANY imaging could see ultimately took her within 18 hours of being admitted to hospital for what was supposed to be a minor infection. It would really mean a lot to me if I could get another of this doll, so any help you can give would be greatly appreciated. This is a picture of Grace with her baby. I had sent an email off to Corolle themselves, but they didn’t think they would have this particular doll in stock, as it was a number of years old. This is what it looks like, probably from 1997, named Igor.
 
Thank you for your time,
Paula Harmon
I’m not familiar with this doll myself but I daresay that there are some available for sale for less than what Paula has found so far. I was thinking that if anyone has one to sell or perhaps has seen one currently listed online at a good price with reasonable shipping you could let me know and I’ll put you in touch with Paula. I do not have Paula’s address at the present time but I believe she lives in Canada so this is mainly one for those of you on the North American continent because of shipping costs.
You may either email me directly at sadieinoz.1957@gmail.com or comment on the blog at https://dollsdollsdolls.net/2017/10/27/doll-detective-mailbag/  and I will contact you.
Paula’s daughter Grace with her dolly.
      
Here's hoping someone can help Paula.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I hope this woman finally found the doll. How sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think about this one occasionally and wonder if she managed to get one.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.