Friday, January 25, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #25: Union Square Girl

  Today's doll is this girl.


  She's the Union Square doll from Effanbee's 'Little Old New York' Collection,made in 1986. Two other dolls in the collection were made in matching outfits to Union Square.There was another child doll,a boy,her size,called 'Herald Square', as well as a 17" lady doll,'Duffy Square'. The Collection also included dolls in sailor outfits,and ladies in elaborate dresses.


She is marked Effanbee on the back of her neck. She's also marked 'Becky',but I'm assuming that is the name of the head sculpt. She has the same head sculpt as the Effanbee 'Becky Thatcher' doll.



  Originally she would have had a hat,and her hair would have been more curly. She has a great coat. I love coats. When I was young and thin and working, I had loads of coats.


Under the coat she has a one piece dress with pleated skirt,and black tights. My doll is missing her black shoes.


As she is now,she kind of has a 'shag' haircut,which doesn't seem appropriate for the era of her clothes.


She's 11" tall.


        She looks good in our snow. When I took these pictures it was melting,and after I took them we had rain. But later in began to snow again. I just hope the weather is good Sunday,for Ivy's trip back to college.



I like her face. She looks very serene.


  That's the doll for today. Tomorrow we'll look at another doll.

2 comments:

  1. She's an attractive doll, her face is serene but also she looks slightly 'aloof' to me, or maybe like she's almost a bit haughty, looking down her nose at the camera? Or maybe I'm just over thinking this today ;)
    Either way, I like her!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is a cutie. I love her blue eyes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.