Sunday, January 27, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #27: Dolly Darlings Honey

  Today Emma and I are taking Ivy back to college. (Sniff!) I will miss her terribly. We had a nice long visit with her this time, as she came home before Christmas. Still, it's hard to see her go back. Her next break is short, and she's so far away that out of the three days we would spend a lot of it on the road. We may not see her again until Spring! The weather has been very snowy,so I hope the roads are clear for the trip. Today's doll is a Dolly Darlings doll.

 

She's 'Honey',made by Hasbro as part of the Dolly Darlings line.


Dolly Darlings were made from 1965 to 1968. Early Dolly Darlings were called the Hatbox series, as they came in round plastic cases with clear lids. Later dolls (beginning in 1967) were sold on cards.
For example,our girl today. She would have looked like this.

She is apparently part of the Parytime series.
Dolly Darlings are 4" tall.

Most of them have those one dot teeth and tongues.

As you can see from the picture of her on her card, she's wearing her original outfit.


She has her dress...


....flower headband...

It's a bit frayed on the ends.
...and painted on shoes. Somewhere under that dress there is also a pair of white cotton undies.


I actually have two of this particular girl. The one on the right is only in her underwear, but she is a better example of the original colouring.



There are those undies. The fully dressed girl and her clothes were very yellowed. I soaked her, completely clothed,in the Stain Devils for nicotine stains. Her clothes came up beautifully. Even her skin pinked back up a lot.
  Dolly Darlings are jointed at the neck,shoulders,waist,and hips.


You can see her jointed waist just above her underwear.






Most Dolly Darlings have rooted hair,except for the lone boy,John.


You can see my redressed John HERE. You can see my other John wearing his original clothes HERE.


Yeah...that headband is unraveled. It was still pinned to her head before I cleaned her though. I took the pins out when I washed her hair.



Does anybody else think she sort of looks like Ally Sheedy?


Ok. Maybe not.


I thought she looked like a flower girl in this outfit.


  See you tomorrow for another doll.

13 comments:

  1. She's a little cutie, and it's great that you have one still in her original outfit...even if it is a bit frayed on the headband, it's just really good that you still have it! And I do like her red hair, brown eyes combo.
    I went to see John and he's sweet too.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I probably should have switched the outfit to the nicer doll,but she has retained her clothes for so long,I just don't have the heart to do it!

      Delete
  2. I been enjoying your doll a day post. She's very cute, love the size of her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I hope you'll stay with us throughout the year.

      Delete
  3. What an adorable tiny doll! I'd never seen these before!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute.
    While Googling them, I saw some girls with moulded hair together with the boy.
    I like the boy best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. As I said, most of them have rooted hair. At least, it seems like most. There are also a lot of look alikes with molded hair,like my childhood doll you may have seen in a previous post. http://planetofthedolls.blogspot.com/2014/05/doll-day-142-dolly-darling-wanna-be.html I love John too. I was really happy to get one in his original clothes,(minus shirt) at the flea market last summer.

      Delete
  5. She is a grace, I really like the minis.
    The outfit is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She kind of does look like Ally Sheedy.
    Thanks for the information about Stain Devils. We doll folks always like to know what are good products to use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep saying I should do a commercial for Stain Devils! I also keep meaning to do a post on it. The types are all numbered,and the different numbers take out different stains. Unfortunately the newer bottles don't have the full lists of stains any more. I have luckily kept some old ones back. The stuff is amazing though. One of these days I'll do a post on it and detail all the delicacies of using it. By the way, the only place I have ever found it is Walmart.

      Delete
  7. Thanks for the doll I.D., my gal has bangs and a little blue dress or p.j.'s w/ blue shoes. Also a very loose right leg that pops off if you try to get her to sit. Thanks again for the help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brunette painted hair? I looked her up and she would probably be Karen Has a Slumber Party.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.