Thursday, January 31, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #31: Zapf Doll

  Well, my shoulders are a bit better today. I had to have Ken press on them several times this morning,as the pain kept coming back. I could stand some pain, but this is severe pain when ever I move my arm at the shoulder. You do that a lot more than you realize, even when doing small things, like scratch your head,and it really becomes evident when it hurts to do it! I kept heat on my shoulders all day today,so hopefully all that will be working itself out.
  Today's doll is this little girl.

I doubt this is her original dress,but I think it was on her when I got her.

She's made by Zapf,but that's all I know about her.


If anybody knows her name,please let me know.
She's about 16" tall,with long light brown hair.


She has a cloth body,with vinyl limbs and head.



She has warm,brown sleep eyes and 'real' lashes,and little pink lips.
 

  Zapf dolls tend to have realistic,glowing complexions,and this doll is no exception. 
  Tomorrow we'll see another doll, and hopefully my shoulders will be cooperating!

10 comments:

  1. Hello, Tam!
    I have a doll just like yours and I also try to find out her name.
    I already made a post about her, in this link http://donavovo.blogspot.com/2018/12/uma-alema-na-familia.html
    Hugs and improvements for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe between the two of us we'll find out who she is. I'll keep you updated. please let me know if you find out.Thanks. I'm much better.

      Delete
  2. She is a cutie. I think you are right, that was probably not her original dress. I was trying to guess how old she might be but I can't decide.
    Glad you are better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know either. Maybe 90's or early 2000's?

      Delete
  3. She's very pretty, and does have a lovely complexion. I have a doll from Zapf Creations that I bought at a secondhand market, and she has gorgeous red hair and green eyes, and the tiniest of freckles. I did blog about her once, I'll have to find the link. What I really like though is that she has a sticking plaster/band aid, on her knee, painted on, and it looks very realistic. I'm selling her though as she's part of the 'cull'!!!
    https://dambuster-sharoninspain.blogspot.com/2015/09/the-in-and-out-s-of-my-dolly-world-in.html
    or here:
    https://dambuster-sharoninspain.blogspot.com/2016/01/looking-backand-moving-forward.html

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to keep an eye on your 'cull' because you have some great dolls! I'm sure I couldn't afford any of them though. Maybe someone who can will see this.

      Delete
  4. Hi there! I received this doll as a kid- my grandmother liked to find dolls that resembled us and give them to us for Christmas. I can’t help you with her name, but I can tell you that she is wearing her original dress. My mom still has mine, but I unfortunately cut her hair and her dress is stained. She was my absolute favorite doll. I was happy to come across your post. 💚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thanks for stopping by. I love that your mom still has your doll. If you ever remember her name, let me know.

      Delete
  5. I got that doll for my sixth birthday I believe in 1996. I could have sworn her name was Jessica.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it was! I can't find anything under Zapf Jessica, but it very well could be.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.