Sunday, January 6, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #6: Baby Ann Lapsitter

   Today's doll is this little girl.
 

Her name is Baby Ann.


She was made in 1974 as part of the Lapsitter line by Fisher Price.
 

The actual official name of the line was originally Little Girl Dolls. After the first year a boy, Joey, was added. That may be why they stopped being called Little Girl Doll. (That and the fact that it doesn't sound like a doll line, just like...dolls. Now days they are known as the Lapsitters.


The lapsitter dolls have vinyl heads and hands, and soft stuffed cloth bodies.


Her shoes and socks are part of her body and not removable.


This is her original dress. Most of the dolls in the line had removable outer clothing,and bodies that looked like they were wearing pajamas.


You may have seen my other lapsitter doll, Joey, HERE. You can see the Lapsitter Audrey I bought HERE.
  See you tomorrow for another doll.

7 comments:

  1. (The Audrey link does not work)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although I'm not into soft bodied dolls, she does have a cute little face. I think she'd be a very cuddly doll for a child to carry around with them, and even take to bed instead of a teddy bear or plushie.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's very cute, but the minute I saw the picture, I thought how obviously she is related to My Friend Mandy and the dolls in that line. I was always slightly envious of my little sister's My Friend Mandy doll, even though overall I had the best toys of the three of us, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, she is so cute. I just want to give her a hug.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was my "lovey" when I was tiny. I carried her everywhere I went by her hair (like a handle) so her hair on my doll stands straight up, even 45 years later. I nibbled all her little fingers, remembering that comforted me when I was sleepy or scared. Once when I was about 4 the pastor at our church asked to borrow my Baby Ann for a sermon to the kids and I would NOT let poor Baby Ann go!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.