Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #71: Baby Born Mini World

  I'm off to Georgia tomorrow,with Lori, to help her look at houses. While I'm gone Ken will be making sure my scheduled posts go on. I'll talk to you all next week.
Today's doll may look familiar, but it's not the common version you may know.


It's mini Baby Born doll,from the Baby Born Mini World line.

The rag doll is from a Barbie's sister Kelly set.
Like it's full size counterpart, this little kid was made by Zapf.






The tiny one has the exact same body,chubby leg wrinkles, and slightly creepy eyes as the big one.

This version of Baby Born measures about 4 1/2" tall.


The Mini World dolls were especially cool because they all came with a room or environment,complete with furniture and/or accessories.  For instance, there was a nursery, a living room,and a bathroom,as well as a picnic area by a pond,and other outside environments. All the furniture and accessories were decorated with a little yellow duck.




All the box inserts could be stacked together to make a house,and a yard,etc.

Why is there a pond below the bathroom? Is the house flooded?
This doll is wearing the dress from the picnic set. (I know I have the picnic basket somewhere, but...you know.)




I loved these sets because they came with so many cute accessories. Ivy loved them too. Consequently,she had several of these sets.  I know she has the living room set.


This is the cake from the birthday set, that also included a table and chair. I just have these, but Ivy has the set.




The cake has holes for three candles. This kid is three?

I know she had a Christmas themed one, and I had a Halloween themed one, with the baby in a witch costume.


  There  were also outfit sets made for the mini Baby Born. I don't think we ever bought any of those though.


  The Baby Born mini baby is cute little thing. I think it's much cuter in this size than the big Baby Born, even though they have the same face.


  Tomorrow is another doll.

6 comments:

  1. What a teeny cutie pie. I love that he has a whole roomful of things. I said he but I guess it could be she. Adorable either way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute little doll and accessories. I have seen these here I think.
    I hope you're having a successful trip with your friend Lori, house hunting!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately,I think she found a house she wants. I will miss her!

      Delete
  3. Loved these sets but didn't have any. And they are NUTS on Ebay. Sorry to hear about Lori, I kinda feel I know her too through your blog and reading all the posts. I am glad she found a house though, that can be hard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ivy has a bunch of the Baby Born mini world sets. I'll be doing a post on them someday.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.