Sunday, March 31, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #90: Tiny Corn Husk Lady

 Emma and I took Ivy back to college today. It was another long car trip. It seems I have done almost nothing but take long car trips lately! It was late when I arrived back,and all I wanted to do was get  out of my tight waisted pants and take a hot shower, and spend some time with Ken. Unfortunately, when I approached the litter box that I'm responsible for, (Ken does the others.), I found that the  problem Fuzzy's cat Jimmy Stewart,(who we are taking care of indefinitely.) was having last night had continued today, with explosive results. That took a chunk out of my time. But finally, here is today's doll.


She's the smallest corn husk doll I have ever seen.


She's only about 2 inches tall.


I guess she's been gardening, because she's carrying a spade or small shovel. Unless there's a more sinister reason...


 I got her today in a bag of miniatures at an antique mall, which was really only big enough to be a fair sized antique store.
 

She's so small I had a hard time getting her in focus.


  Tomorrow we'll look at another doll. See you then.

4 comments:

  1. She has big personality for such a little doll.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes she does. Even without much of a face, they usually do.

      Delete
  2. Oh dear, not a great homecoming for you then!
    This is a cute little husk doll, and yes, so tiny! I suspect more sinister reasons for the spade LOL
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you ever seen the 70's American TV movie "Trilogy of Terror"? Doll collector's should probably never watch it, but I'm thinking of it now!

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.