Thursday, March 21, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #80: The Last of my Birthday Presents, and a Small Baby

  I keep forgetting to photograph the other two doll related gifts I got for my birthday! So finally,here they are. The first is a gift from Ken.
 

I had been wanting this set since it first came out. I thought the characters looked so great. When we spotted the set at TJ Maxx back before Christmas  for only $3.99,I was going to grab one up. Ken steered me away,and then threw me off the scent by not giving it to me for Christmas. I was a bit surprised on my birthday,which is what Ken aims for in gift giving,so we were both happy.
  The other gift was from Ivy. She ordered it and it arrived back in late January. I was told to lay it aside until my birthday.


It's an actual working tiny pocket knife, and it IS sharp.


 


When I was a kid,about 10 I think, I wanted a pocket knife. I wanted to try carving. I kept asking my dad for a knife,but he kept saying no. Finally, he asked me for a penny,and I gave him one. In return he gave me a pocket knife. It was the dullest thing ever, and I'm not so sure Dad didn't dull it on purpose before he 'sold' it to me. So I never really managed to carve anything.
  As for the penny, Dad always said you should never give anyone a knife, because it 'cuts love'. It must have been a superstition from when he was a kid in Kentucky.  So that's why he made me give him the penny. That way he wasn't 'giving' me the knife. So I guess I owe Ivy a penny.


  Speaking of Ivy, I'm off early in the morning to go to Indiana to pick Ivy up from college. It will be nice to have her home for a while. Since I'll be gone all day,tomorrow will probably be a quick post. And since I'm late to bed already, so will today's.
  Today's doll is this mystery baby.


I can't tell you much about it. It's hollow plastic.


And it's almost 2 1/4 inches long. He has molded hair detail. His paint job is a little scary, especially with that mouth that looks like he's been eating raw meat! No markings on him. Anybody seen one of these before?
  See you again tomorrow.

11 comments:

  1. That pocket knife is amazing! I need one! Your story brought back memories. At about the same age I begged my Dad for one - so I could learn to whittle and to use when I played Explorer. The one my Dad got for me had a child safety lock on it that I wasn't strong enough to release. It is no fun being an intrepid explorer when you need your dad to open your knife!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your knife story! I know what you mean! I think I asked for a knife to whittle with,but I'm sure I meant carve.I'll have to ask Ivy where she ordered the knife from and get back to you.I'm guessing Aliexpress. She buys a lot of things from there.

      Delete
    2. Ivy says she got the knife on AliExpress or Wish, but I can;t find it.

      Delete
  2. Poor little guy. He just needs someone to love him (laugh).
    The knife story is interesting. Yes, you do owe Ivy a penny, with inflation probably a quarter (laugh).
    Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he also needs a lip repaint!
      I'm pretty old. Maybe a dollar!

      Delete
  3. WOW! You got great gifts! I love the knife! That was a real find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ivy says the knife probably came from AliExpress or WIsh.

      Delete
  4. That is an amazing pocket knife. The little Beauty and the Beast set is cute too and what a nice surprise from Ken.
    Enjoy your time with your daughter home :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. We have just been relaxing with the TV so far.

      Delete
  5. So do you owe Ivy a regular penny or a miniature penny?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Good question I guess! I gave her a regular one.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.