Friday, March 29, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #88: Twist N Turn Skipper

  Today's doll is this kid.


She's a Twist N Turn Skipper.


She has the twist and turn waist, and rooted eyelashes.


She has bend legs too.



The Twist N Turn Skippers are my favourites. I love the colourful faces and rooted eyelashes.


  When I got her the front of her hair had been braided. I took the tiny braids out, but I can't get rid of the crimp. I guess I should put her hair in some boiling water,but I kind of like the way it looks.

 

  She's wearing a Skipper fashion called Quick Changes,from 1968.



It also includes a dress with a zip up front,and knee socks with tassels. I don't have those...yet.


  I love the earlier clothes maybe even more than the Mod Era clothes, but the Mod Era clothes look better on the Mod Era dolls. (That's why i need all those Skippers! To wear all the clothes. Yeah,that's the reason...) I do like Quick Changes though.



Naturally, my favourite part of the outfit is the knee socks I don't have!



    That's all for today. Tomorrow is our last day with Ivy before she heads back to college on Sunday. But the next time she comes home, she here for the summer!

8 comments:

  1. She's really pretty and I love her colourful outfit, particularly the cardigan, which I thought was hand knitted.
    Enjoy your last day with Ivy before she heads back, I'm guessing you'll be missing her company :( I know when my son comes home the time passes so quickly, far TOO quickly and I don't half miss him when he goes back to the UK again :(
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss her very much,but I'm getting used to it. I message her regularly when she's at college and we send each other interesting articles and things. Still,I talk to her a lot less than I talked to Emma when she was in college. When Emma was in college she Skyped with us for hours every day. She thought Ivy would have loads of free time in college,but she doesn't. Emma said, "I guess I wasn't expecting her to be so much more social than I was."

      Delete
  2. A cute doll.
    I loved the toy vending machine in the photos. How interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it great? I got it at a church sale. It actually lights up,and I think the claw moves. I haven't put batteries in it and tried it out yet.

      Delete
  3. This skipper is really pretty. I love her rooted eyelashes. I think I’m really beginning to love it when Barbie type dolls have rooted eyelashes.

    Oh by the way, I finally got my first vintage find!! It’s not Barbie, but it’s still pretty good and it’s a good story! I was purchasing a doll at the thrift store when a lady started talking to me and revealed herself as a doll collector. Turns out she’s moved to a smaller house and has to downsize her collection. She asks if I would be interested in looking at her dolls she has for sale. I go to her house and while I wasn’t interested in most of what she had, I did get a few things - including a vintage Tammy doll and her sister Pepper! They are so cute - and bigger than I expected.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great story! That's one of those stories you hear and think,why doesn't that stuff ever happen to me?
      They may not be Barbie,but Tammy and Pepper had some great accessories and clothes. In fact, some of their accessories are better than Barbie's! I love the tape recorder. Tammy had a better camera than Barbie too. Hers is actually metal,and much more realistic.

      Delete
  4. I love this doll! And Skippers in general, but so far I've managed to collect only the ones with the big eyes from the late 80s. This one is a cutie! She's so pretty with her rooted eyelashes and the colors of her facepaint are so vibrant! Her outfit is adorable too. By the way, that toy vending machine is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that claw machine! Funny,I've used it a couple of other times, and this time is the first time anybody has commented on it. Someone else did too.
      I have Skippers of all eras,but I decided recently to get rid of most of the non vintage ones. (I even have some vintage rejects I'm trying to let go of. I have too much of everything and some of it has to go!

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.