Thursday, March 14, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #73: Wile E. Coyote

   Today's doll is this guy.


It's Wile E. Coyote. Or, as he liked to say,in his best James Bond voice, "Coyote',Wile E. Coyote'".


 Ok,it is a 'doll' or a 'toy'? And what's the difference anyway? He was made by Dakin in 1968,which is when I bought him. I would have been 6 years old.


As a kid, and even now, I hated the Road Runner. Sure, you defeated him and escaped, but do you have to rub the poor guy's nose in it? Just go! But as an adult, and a vegetarian,I have to think, if Wile E. could buy all those missiles and TNT, and catapults, and anvils, and buckets of paint to paint tunnels, and bird seed, (And honestly,why is the Road Runner even eating birdseed? He's a desert bird. He probably lives on lizards or something.),why couldn't he just buy himself some nice soy road runner meat and be done with it?


Wile E. is 10" tall.


He is jointed at the neck, shoulders, and hips.




He originally had a tail. It's around here somewhere.


 There is some nice fur detailing on his shoulders,and legs.




 Wile E. Coyote was part of a series of Warner brothers cartoon characters made by Dakin. I also have the Elmer Fudd. Other characters available included Bugs Bunny,Daffy Duck, Sylvester,and Yosemite Sam.


  I should be back from Georgia soon. Check back tomorrow to see if Ken remembered to post my post...I mean, for another doll!

6 comments:

  1. I don't think I have ever seen this doll/toy. I certainly saw the cartoon. I don't remember liking it or disliking it.
    My favorite cartoon was Rocky and Bullwinkle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember liking Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck,and Foghorn Leghorn more. I don't know why I bought Wile E.!

      Delete
  2. Oh yes I remember this character and the Roadrunner!
    I hope you're having fun in Georgia!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. We had a good time. It's always fun just being together.

      Delete
  3. I think the difference between a doll and a figurine, in general, is some form of articulation. Then again, there are whole classes of dolls, like corn husk dolls, that don't have any articulation at all. There's also the idea that a doll has removable clothing, while a figurine is all molded, but then how does one explain the number of dolls that are sewn into their clothes. As the King Of Siam said in The King And I, it is a puzzlement.
    Signed, Treesa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would call a nick nack a figurine. Like a ceramic or china figure. But what is the difference between a 'toy' that's made to look like a person or animal,and a doll? Does a doll have to be at least partially human?

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.