Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #280: Bisque Dollhouse Girl

  I'm breaking from the vacation posts to show you one of the dolls I got at the doll show yesterday.  I'll resume the vacation posts tomorrow...I hope. As for the doll show,it was really big,bigger than most doll shows I've seen pictures of. However, it was still only about half the size the BIG doll show used to be. I went around the entire place about three or four times,(partially because I was trying to find the booth where I'd seen the Suzette dolls!),and I still left about 3 o'clock. It was the most completely high end doll show I have ever been to. There was barely a thing there I could have afforded. Almost everything there was an expensive antique or an expensive art doll. There was a lot of beautiful stuff to look at,but very little I could have bought. There weren't many play dolls at all. As I said, most of what was there was antique. Some of the play dolls I buy are antique too,but not as old as those dolls! I mean very old. There was an old doll that I really liked that was affordable, but I was still trying not to spend too much. I could have bought a Giggles with a small haircut and her original outfit and sandals for about $18,but this was a budget doll show for me,and I already have two Giggles. There were a few dealers who had Tammy and Pepper dolls. Most of them were overpriced and some weren't priced at all. But if the rest of the sellers stuff was any indication, the Tammys were going to be over priced too. They weren't in that great a shape anyway. There were a few dealers with vintage Barbie and family dolls,but not very many. And most of those were way overpriced, or really nice and super expensive. I found a two tone Skipper that was cheap, but she had had a haircut,and was missing plugs and half an eyebrow. Her hair, what there was of it, was a beautiful colour,but I have enough messed up Skippers already.There were none of the bins of inexpensive dolls or things that I am used to shopping. I had a hard time finding anything I wanted that I could afford. After all it took to get there and the $10 admission fee,I was determined not to leave without something
   I was quiet taken with some little dollhouse dolls I found at one booth. There was a Caco baby, which I have been wanting,and some dolls that could have hung out with Hans or the bisque dollhouse kids.    (HERE and HERE.) There was a pair of German bisque dolls. The boy was kind of boring, but the girl had beautiful clothes.She had the same head as the bisque girl I have though,so I passed. There was even a little brother for the dollhouse kids. But I had to be picky. For one thing, I didn't know what else I would find at that point. When I went back around to maybe buy more of the ones I passed the first time around, some of them were gone. But I did get a couple of the dollhouse dolls. Here's one of them.
 The dollhouse kids were all sitting around one day when there was a sound at the door.


"What's that? Ouch!" said Jeffrey,turning his head, "What's the matter with my neck?"


"I'd look,",said Dollhouse Girl,"but I can't turn my head."


"I would answer the door," said Dollhouse Boy, "but I can't get up."


"It's me." said an elegant girl, entering the room.



 "Who are you?" asked Jeffrey,who,along with Moe, had stood up. He had been raised to be a gentleman and stand up when a lady entered the room.

 

"My name is Matilda, but everyone calls me Tilly."


"I'm a gentleman too." said Dollhouse Boy,"Somebody help me stand up."


"I'm from Germany." continued Matilda/Tilly.


"Wanna play with my doll with me?" asked Dollhouse Girl.


"I just got a turtle." said Jeffrey,"Wanna see it?"


"Want to pet the cat with me?" asked Kay, but the cat had already hightailed it in Tilly's direction.



Moe had already secretly decided Tilly was beautiful, and was looking shy, and scuffing the rug with his toe.


"Seriously fellas," said Dollhouse Boy, "Somebody help me up."

 

Tilly plopped herself in the middle of the couch.


Kay was aware that Moe was hiding behind her and was attempting to peer at Tilly over her shoulder. Dollhouse Boy had managed to roll over and join everyone by the couch. "What are you doing here anyway?" asked Jeffrey,who always came right to the point.



"I live here now." said Tilly, "Get down cat! So if you could just show me to my room...Get down cat!"





"There's only one bedroom in this house." said Kay. "We all share it."


"Oh! That will not do!" said Tilly,standing up and stepping on Dollhouse Boy," I must have my own room! You'll all have to move out!"


It was then that Moe decided maybe Tilly wasn't all that hot, and bent to help Dollhouse Boy.


"Why do you always lead with that one leg?" asked the straightforward Jeffrey.


"I take dancing lessons." said Tilly. 


"What does that have to do with it?" asked Kay.


 Dollhouse Girl eyed Tilly suspiciously. She knew very well, from experience, that Tilly's problem most likely had to do with her underwear leg getting caught in her leg joint.





On the other side of the room,Dollhouse Boy had pulled Moe over with him. "This isn't going to work." said Moe.


"There's always the attic." said Kay. "Very well." said Tilly, "I will go upstairs to my room and lie down while you move all your things to the attic."



"That's not what I meant!" shouted Kay as Tilly headed up the stairs.


"That girl is in for a rude awakening." said Jeffrey.


  Tilly is a bisque dollhouse doll. 


She is made in Germany,as her back marking says.


Her dress is sort of stiff,so the folds won't squash down. 


Her rosette isn't laying as flat as it used to. It's pink, with purple bits.

 

Her dress ties in a bow in the back.


She has socks that are molded on, but not painted.
 

Her cheeks are a bit overly red. She looks like she has a sunburn.

 

  That's today's doll.See you again tomorrow.

8 comments:

  1. LOL, I can't wait to see how this goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute story, she's a bit of a madam though, isn't she!!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a cute doll but so pushy (laugh). She better not go to sleep or she might find herself outside with the door locked (chuckle).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the same applies to the others! (Although I'm sure Kay and Jeffrey would figure out a way to get back in.)

      Delete
  4. Wow, you took the grumpy look on her face and made her a perfect personality around it. lol Pretty cheeky for someone that doesn't even have painted socks! And I think the other two girls are cuter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you that the other two are cuter. Just don't tell Tillie I said that!

      Delete
    2. Are you kidding. I would never say that to her face. She's kind of scary!

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.