Friday, November 1, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #304: Happy Halloween and a Crazy Eyed Girl

  I hope everybody had a great Halloween. I think this was the coldest Halloween we've had since my kids started trick or treating back in 1992. I didn't see it, but Ken said that about the time trick or treat was ending, it was snowing! 

Mini pumpkins were almost impossible to find this year. Tammy made her character up. She's Super Tammy. She  'allowed' her little brother Gareth to be her side kick, Bug Boy.
    The reason I didn't see the snow,was I had given up by then! It had been raining earlier today,but that had stopped by late afternoon. It was still really cold,and extremely windy. It was so cold I checked, before I went out, to see if trick or treat had been cancelled. There was no indication it had been cancelled, so I took my bowl of candy and went out to hand out candy at 5:30,when trick or treating began. From my spot in the driveway I could see all the way down our street,and part of the street across the way. Out of all the houses I could see,only three other houses besides me were handing out candy. I was thinking, 'It's way too cold for kids to come out to trick or treat tonight'. Apparently,the parents, at least,were thinking the same thing. In the almost hour I was out there,I had four trick or treaters. Two of those were girls of about 13,who were being driven around to trick or treat. By the time I went in, I had been piddling around with busy work,trying to stay warm,when I looked to see how the other candy hander outers were doing. Two of the three others had disappeared. That's when I thought,'That's it. I'm going in.'
  Before trick or treat time I quickly took these Halloween pictures of Tammy World and her dad and brother.
 
Wally's insulated vest was a Christmas ornament a few years ago.

It was so windy they blew off the table several times!


 

  This was definitely a year that my kids would have had several layers of clothes on under their costumes! I always hated the idea that we would have had to wear a coat over our costumes. What's the fun in that?! But some years it's too cold not to have some extra layers. I always made my kids' costumes big enough that they could wear clothes underneath to stay warm. Sometimes they'd be wearing a t-shirt and a turtle neck under their costume.
 
Me, with the kids, on Halloween, 2000. This year was fairly warm. Fuzzy was a Ghostbuster,Ivy was Noddy,and I turned her stroller into Noddy's car,and Emma was Harry Potter. Fuzz's Ghostbusters coveralls were one of only two costumes of all the three kids' costumes I didn't make. The other was Emma's Pink Ranger Power Ranger costume.
  Today's doll is a little scary looking. She's a hard plastic doll with some strange eyes!


She has sleep eyes,but what makes them look so weird are the eye lashes. For some reason they were put on the eyeballs!


It also doesn't help that the whites of her eyes are flesh coloured! The eye lids are also part of the eyeballs. This kid just looks weird!


She's about 9 or 10 inches tall. I don't know anything about her.
  That's it for today. Tomorrow is the first day of November, so I'm going to start the posts on Ivy's dolls for her birthday month. See you then.

7 comments:

  1. LOL, that one IS a weird one! I like her, though. I like Tammy World's family pictures even BETTER, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is probably the scariest doll that I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with RagingMoon. Tammy World and her family look like they had a good time. The weather was awful here too, but it's an old joke that in Northeast Ohio, you need to design your Halloween costume large enough to wear over a snowsuit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is one very strange looking doll, I have to agree!
    As for the trick or treating, nobody came here and for once I was really well stocked, so now I guess I'm going to have to eat all the sweets myself ;)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tammy World scene cute, doll scary lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.