Saturday, November 9, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #312: Pee Wee Herman

  Ivy is home! That was a lot of driving and I am so sleepy! I had to stop once on the way there and once on the way home because I was too sleepy. Tomorrow we are going shopping and out to eat for Ivy's birthday, so I have to get some sleep. (Then Sunday it's back to Indiana!) So on to today's doll. He's this guy.


He's Pee Wee Herman, of course.


This is the small Pee Wee figure that went with the great Pee Wee's Playhouse playset. Actually, this figure was sold two ways. One was sold by itself, and one was in a set with Pee Wee's scooter and weird helmet. The figures were made by Matchbox in 1988,during the run of the TV series,"Pee Wee's Playhouse". In the movie, "Pee Wee's Big Adventure", Pee Wee had a bicycle. But in the TV show he had a scooter. I think there was a copyright issue with the bicycle,so they had to use a scooter.


His hanky and pockets are painted on.
He wears his suit,and molded,painted white shoes.

 
Pee Wee is just under 6 inches tall. He's articulated at the neck,shoulders,elbows, hips, and knees.

His coat came glued shut,but both of the girls unstuck theirs.
I have the Playhouse and all the figures,and Emma used to play with it when she was little. (The price bottoms out after Paul Ruebens (Pee Wee) had his embarrassing problems, so I was able to get it all really cheap,new in box. The girls both had their own Pee Wee figures too.
  That's it for today. Tomorrow we'll see another of Ivy's dolls.

5 comments:

  1. LOL, I loved this dumb show when I was a kid! I was outraged to turn on the TV one morning and see Raggedy Ann and Andy; they'd cancelled Pee-Wee! Now that I look back on it, Pee-Wee was just a hair creepy! Thanks for the stroll down memory lane, and enjoy your time with your girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard of this character but never seen him or the doll of course. But he reminds me of a character in a tv series in the UK called Grantchester, the vicars assistant if you ever get to see it.
    I hope you have a good time for Ivy's birthday :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, he certainly does look like himself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watched Pee Wee's playhouse and saw the movie. I remember thinking he was awesome as a kid but creepy when I was an adult. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Pee Wee. Of course, I was a grown up when he first got popular.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.