Sunday, November 10, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #313: Shining Stars Doll

  We had a nice day out with the girls today. Ivy did some shopping,and, as usual, we ate at The Melting Pot for her birthday meal. Emma's boyfriend joined us for the meal,and after he left us we stopped at Godiva for  ice cream. Afterward we did a little more shopping and went back to Emma's,where Ivy blew out the candles on her ice cream cake.
  Today's doll is another of Ivy's.She's this baby.


She's a Shining Stars doll. The dolls were made by Mattel and were available in 2001. Ivy was 2 that year, and really liked these dolls.




The dolls came in different hair colours,with different colour outfits. This red haired kid came in yellow. The blonde came in blue. The brunette came in purple. There was also an African American doll that came in pink or blue. All the dolls had a star by their right eye.


The dolls came in non removable clothing,with glow in the dark stars, and a star shaped bunting.

Ivy still had the papers to the doll in her stuff, but she 'coloured' the pictures.

 Don't let these instructions fool you. It's hard to get that doll in that bunting.

The dolls also came with a glow in the dark bottle.
 


 The satiny body that is the clothes has glow in the dark stars on it.



The dolls are about 12 inches tall, and have soft,stuffed bodies and a vinyl head and limbs with painted eyes.


The bunting has a strap on the back that Velcros together. The child can carry the doll by the strap,or hang it on their arm.


  That's the doll for today. Tomorrow we drive Ivy back to Indiana. We'll see another of her dolls tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. What a cute little face she has, very sweet little doll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's plain cute. I'd never heard of these before...and now I want one! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful celebration! What a cutie doll.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never heard of these dolls either, but they would have been right up my alley. Of course I had a child by that time, so I did miss some dolls! I am glad Ivy had a great birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually kept up better with new dolls when the kids were little. I tend to miss things these days.

      Delete
  5. LOL, I know I commented before, but I see that I said I'd never heard of 'em. That turned out to be a lie, because I remember the commercial! These really do have cute little faces. Do you know if they all have green eyes?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.