Sunday, November 24, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #327: Barbie Basics 001 Model 11

  Today's doll is another Barbie Basics doll.


This particular Barbie Basics doll is from 2009.


She's from the 001 series. She's model 11.
 

She originally came in a black dress. I haven't seen it around Ivy's things,so I've redressed her in a dress I found in Ivy's doll clothes. I don't know where it's from.


This doll has the Teresa head sculpt,which has been one of my favourites since Mattel started using it.


She has the Model Muse body...I think. Or is that only if she has her arm in the hand on hip position?


  That's the doll for today. Come back tomorrow when we'll continue to see some of Ivy's dolls.

7 comments:

  1. She's a very pretty doll, and I like her bobbed hair.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, that's the Model Muse body! The arms could be bent, straight, or a combination of both. I can't believe it's been ten years since these dolls were in stores!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty doll. I like how you have her posed. The word "dainty" comes to mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I had been collecting dolls when the Basics were in stores. They are such beautiful dolls. This Teresa face one is really nice and I love her hair and her makeup. The Teresa face is my 2nd favorite head mold (Mackie is my favorite) and I wish they would release more dolls with this head mold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They don't seem to use it much any more, do they? The last ones they made with this head sculpt had a bigger head too. I prefer the smaller original.

      Delete
  5. I don't really know all the head molds, but I like this one. The dress looks good on her, so it doesn't matter who it came from. lol I had all my Barbie clothes, shoes and all. WHY did we all put them away naked?? I have never been able to figure that out and I did it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And when you find dolls second hand they are ALWAYS naked!

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.