Thursday, November 28, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #332: Jolly Dolly

   Well, it's Thanksgiving,and time once again for Dexter Madison. Share the fantasy!
   Today's doll is two: these little guys.


They're Jolly Dolly dolls.


And they want you to know it!
They were made by Zapf.

They want you to know that too. It's printed on their bodies...

...and their clothes.
Zapf also made Baby Born dolls. There were lots of Jolly Dollys. This is from a Zapf booklet that was in Ivy's stuff. It probably came with a Baby Born doll.

There were also Jolly Dollys with rooted hair.



They weren't all stuffed either. there were all vinyl ones. This booklet says they all came with a frog. But the first Jolly came with a cat, and the second one came with nothing at all.

They had clothing sets available for them. Ivy also has one of the tiny Jolly Dollys pictured at the top of the right hand page. They are about 4 inches tall.

 Ivy got these when she was very small,so it would have had to be just either side of 2000. Her first was the little guy with his shirt missing.


I found his pants, his hat, and his cat,but not his shirt.


We always just called him Jolly. Her second Jolly Dolly was one that took batteries and giggles when his stomach was pressed. I found his whole outfit. He didn't come with a cat.



I found his hat later.


He's a little bigger than the first Jolly Dolly. I would say they are 10 and 12 inches tall. Or maybe 12 and 14. I was going to measure them, but when I went to get my yard stick I remembered I took it down stairs to measure some stuff for Ivy's room redo. So I had to eyeball it. I'm pretty good at that by now.


They are cute little guys. My favourite is the non giggling one.


  Today would have been Ken's mother's 97th birthday. We never got to meet each other's mothers. I think I would have liked Dora though.



  Those are today's dolls. See you tomorrow for another doll. Happy Thanksgiving!

5 comments:

  1. These are cute babies and look very cuddly. I had a Zapf Creations doll that I got at a flea market here in Spain and it was about 18 inches tall with really nice red hair, but because it had a soft body I couldn't get on with it and it went with the pile of dolls that I donated to the childrens charity back in the spring. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ms. Dora was a very pretty lady. I love her coat.

    The dolls are new to me. They are little cuties.

    Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like just about everything Zapf makes. The little guy without the shirt looks like he's upset about it. lol Your mother in law was a pretty woman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she was. I wish I had been able to meet her.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.