Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Doll-A-Day 173:Mattel Emotions Rag Dolls

  Continuing to show you my Salvation Army finds of last week, here are a couple of Emotions dolls.


That's basically all I know about them, other than Emotions was a division of Mattel, and they were made in 1983 by/for Parsley Creations.


Oh, and they're cute...




They have soft floppy bodies and limbs, but their heads seem to have a styrofoam filling or something that gives them their shape.





I don't know who they are, but I'm guessing her name starts with P? Or is P just for Parsley?


She looks a little more old fashioned than he does.

Her apron ties in the back. All their clothes are removeable.

Sorry. The computer is doing that sideways thing again. Their shoes untie and can come off.

But this guy is definitely an 80's kid. Check out his painters pants.

 Looks like he's put on a little weight.That was really as tight as they would fasten.





Plus he has Heavy Metal hair...

With the hat and the hair I'm getting sort of an Angus Young vibe.

Sorry, I digress...
They have that loop for carrying stuff...paint brushes? I was told it was for carrying a hammer, but then why are they 'painters pants'? Are painters nailing up that paint now?Maybe there were also carpenters pants.
  Ok, I have just researched it and there are both. And they both have the loop for carrying stuff. I hope nobody tries carrying their wet paint brushes in that loop...
  That's it for these guys. If anybody knows who they are, please let me know. I'm trying to decide whether or not to keep them. I like them, but I have only so much room. They're about 21" tall, so they aren't the smallest of dolls.Luckily they can fold in two for storage!Check in again tomorrow for another of last week's Salvation Army finds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks in advance for your comments.