Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Doll-A-Day 289 Maar & Sohn Doll

  The weather was pretty nice today, if EXTREMELY windy. It got very dark very early though. I would have sworn it was going to pour any minute. But no, it was just really overcast. Tonight is supposed to start a week of weather in the 30's. Brrr!! Unfortunately I put about 30 of the 40 pounds I lost back on and the winter coat I wore last year won't fit me now! Anyway, with the weather being either cold or wet or both lately, outside pictures haven't been as easy to take. I need to set up a 'photo studio' for this winter!
Today's doll is this girl.

I don't know much about her. She's made by Maar & Sohn,and probably dates to the 60's or 70's.
The velcro tells me this is not her original dress.

 I think Maar & Sohn were a German company.
She's about 10" tall.
She looks a little young for this grey hair.

Her eyes are a little stare-y, but she has little teeth, (even if they are a tad Nosferatu-ish!).
  I have had a relapse in my cold and  found myself sinking into sleep on the couch after dinner while I was supposed to be watching "Psych" with Ivy. I think the hot shower and heating pad combo are in order again.(Not at the same time of course! Ouch!) Perhaps with the addition of "A Day at the Races", if I can stay awake long enough to finish it. (I started it a couple of nights ago. Sleep has been more important lately.
  See you tomorrow for another doll.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks in advance for your comments.