Friday, November 28, 2014

Doll-A-Day 304: Wedding Day Piggy

  I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. It was a family day around here, as usual. Unfortunately my son had to work.Since he works nights, that meant he slept through the day,so we didn't see him then.Then he had to go to work early, so we still didn't get him.Those of you who have been with the blog for a while will know that my dad passed away in May. As I was eating my pumpkin pie I thought of Dad, who loved pumpkin pie, and how I don't get to share it with him this year.I'm sure Christmas this year will be pretty hard too. I think of Dad all the time, but almost always I can enjoy the memory and go on with the day. The holidays may make it harder, maybe just because they mark a passage of time and stir memories of particular days. My dad was not a holiday person, so holidays don't specifically remind me of Dad. But I remember taking Dad pie in the nursing home, or holidays spent with him, and then I have to realize that's all over. I won't be looking for the perfect Dad gift anymore. But, as with my mom, I know there will be times I'll see something and think how Dad would have liked that, and I can't give it to him.
  Emma and I did some Christmas shopping today. I was thinking I didn't know what to get for anybody, and it's just that I haven't been shopping! I saw all sorts of things I wanted to get for somebody.  Unfortunately, I also saw several things I want! I have been living in a hole the last few months and had no idea Hallmark has done a Planet of the Apes ornament this year! I'm hoping it's the first in a series!
   Anyway...
  Today's doll is this Wedding Day Piggy.

I was going to use her for my anniversary post in September, but I had misplaced her. Ken bought her for me at an auction right before our 25th wedding anniversary this year.(When I couldn't find her in time I instead posted the story of how I accidentally copied Kermit and Piggy's wedding cake topper from The Muppets Take Manhattan.)

She was made by Direct Connect in 1989.

She was one of three in a series of Miss Piggy Fantasy Dress Up dolls, sculpted by Cynthia Woodie.

The other two dolls in the series were High Fashion Piggy and Princess Piggy.

Piggy's full name was mentioned one time on The Muppet Show: It's Pigathius.(Of course, she may have been joking/lying...)
Piggy is about 11" tall.

She has six points of articulation: neck, shoulders, hips, and waist.


She wears her wedding dress and veil, white undies,painted on shoes and her trademark lavender gloves are also painted on.
  See you tomorrow for Skipper Saturday.

3 comments:

  1. Miss Piggy is looking fabulous in her wedding dress (as always of course :-) ). I only knew the Tonner version of Miss Piggy, so thanks for showing this lovely lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'd love to have that Tonner Piggy. She's a bit steep for me though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL that made me smile. I was actually researching a different doll and came across this one...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.