Saturday, November 29, 2014

Doll-A-Day 305: Skipper Saturday: Blonde Twist and Turn Skipper

  It seems that almost every blonde Twist and Turn Skipper I have come across has had a haircut. Today's doll is no exception.

Her previous owner has given her a cute bob, and done a pretty good job of it. 

So instead of her original long hair, she has chin length locks.


She has pretty dark rose coloured lips.


She does need some lashes rerooted on her left eye. One of these days I'll have time to sit down and do that...



She's wearing Wooly Winner from 1970.
I need to find the right colour thread and sew the button back on that goes to that button hole flap. It's a blue plastic button that matches the vinyl trim.

I always think it should be Wooly Winter.



I was 8 years old in 1970, and I can remember girls wearing dresses very much like this one, with it's 'double knit' skirt and 'three quarter length sleeves'.


 In fact, it reminds me of this outfit I got when I was starting first grade in 1968.

Same gold shirt with three quarter length sleeves, but the jumper is corduroy, not double knit.

I always hated three quarter length sleeves.They always felt like you had outgrown your clothes.




Wooly Winner consists of the dress...


...coat with matching hat...





blue knee socks, (Which I am missing.), blue booties...

...and a red vinyl purse, which I also don't have.

  Tomorrow we'll check out another doll.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks in advance for your comments.