Saturday, November 1, 2014

Doll-A-Day 280:Skipper Saturday: Blonde Twist and Turn Skipper

  This week's Skipper Saturday doll is this work in progress. She's a Twist and Turn Skipper.

When I got her she was completely paled out and a bit yellow. I faded the yellow with strong sunlight over a prolonged period of time. (I know you're not supposed to leave your dolls in direct sunlight, but in this case there was nothing to lose, so why not?)Then I pinked her back up a little bit with some watered down acrylic paint. She still needs some work: evening of her skin tone and blush. Plus she needs her lashes rerooted.

She's wearing Triple Treat, from 1970.

Triple Treat consists of the velvet pants and matching jacket, hot pink long sleeved shirt,dress with blue velvet skirt and multicoloured bodice that matches the waist band on the pants, and a scarf in the same multicoloured fabric,and a pair of blue flats.

I have paired them with the squishy hot pink Skipper flats to other outfits, because I like them with it, and because...I don't have the blue ones...

It's been super cold today and we even had some snow! It didn't stay and melted as it landed,but...BRRR!! The cold weather is here!
If she were real she would have definitely needed a coat today!

See you tomorrow for another doll.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks in advance for your comments.