Friday, February 10, 2017

Doll-A-Day 2017 #41: My Beautiful Doll Marissa

  Today we're looking at My Beautiful Doll Marissa.

I think this is Marissa.

Here's how she looked in her box.The dolls all came with a locket.
The My Beautiful Dolls were made by Hasbro in 1989.There were a lot of characters in the My Beautiful Doll line,including Brenda,Tyler,Linda, Rosemary,Rachel, and Valerie.


My Beautiful Dolls are 17" tall.
My girl is second hand,and has none of her original clothes. I had read that they could wear BFC Ink clothes.This is the result.The skirt was a little tight,(and short!),the shoes a little loose, (but would probably be perfect with socks.)


...and her splayed thumbs were a little hard to get through those sleeve cuffs. The main problem though, was the leggings.That was NEVER going to happen.

They are hard plastic with a hard vinyl head, and have the usual neck, shoulder, and hip joints,but they are strung. In fact, they are quite squeaky.
Since she is strung,not jointed,her arms and legs can rotate a bit, as well as go outward,and up and down,and her head can tilt from side to side. She can also look up a little, but not down.Being able to spread her legs out a bit is also helpful in getting her to stand on her own without support.

I thought this lip colour was a bit intense for a kid, which I think these dolls are supposed to be.
Her hair is really crispy on the ends.


There was also a line of clothing for the My Beautiful Dolls.
This one is very '80's/early '90's!



See you again tomorrow for another doll.

2 comments:

  1. My generation but I missed this one. She was right at the time where I stopped playing with my baby dolls but not my Barbie dolls. My baby dolls were now bed decorations. But I didn't want to get rid of them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.