Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #155: Polly Pocket Janet

  Today's doll is a carry on of the celebration of Emma's birthday. It's one of her dolls,and a Stacie friend.

Please ignore the ugly fence of The Neighbors From Hell.
It's Polly Pocket Janet.


The Polly Pocket Stacie dolls came out in 1994.

Look! My roses are in bloom!

Emma got this one at a doll show I think, much later. She was still in her box.Emma unboxed her, but was older then and didn't play with her.
 

There were three dolls in the series,Stacie, Whitney,the red head,and Janet.
 
The dolls all came with three Polly Pocket dolls,and a backpack that folded open to reveal a tiny dollhouse for the Pollys.





Janet is wearing all her original outfit,which includes a body suit and skirt...
 


...lace socks...


 and red shoes.


All the dolls had a colour theme. Stacie's was pink,(Of course.),Whitney's was purple, and Janet's was red this time. Stacie's theme was usually pink, Whitney's was usually purple,but Janet's changed. It was green,blue,and red from time to time.
 
She has red earrings. She also has foam rubber in her shirt pouch. I don't know where that came from. She's been in storage in Emma's room for a long time.
Her hair is in the original set, but while I was photographing her, one of her red rubber bands disintegrated.





Like Stacie,Janet's arms can move out to the sides,as well as up and down.


The legs had the standard click bend knees,but they don't bend very much. Stacie's friends all had the same face sculpt as Stacie.



  That's the doll for today. I might be going to Georgia with Lori with her first moving load. But posts will still be up. I may have to delay the prize winner announcement until I get back. We'll see how it goes. Stay tuned for details!

6 comments:

  1. I have the Whitney from this line. I have no Janet, other that two of the same We 3 Friends ballerina.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie doll. She is in good condition.

    Travel safely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this one is really sweet, such a nice skin tone and aren't those little lace socks pretty!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was wondering if you know what doll Gabby Gabby from Toy Story 4 is supposed to mimick. She has a (defect) voice box and a pullstring, with a ring, just like Woody's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She looks more like Chatty Cathy,but there was a Kenner doll named Gabigale. Gabby is probably just a conglomeration of talking dolls.

      Delete
  5. These Polly Pocket dolls are too cute. I think PP must have been after I stopped playing with dolls because I would have gone nuts for a teeny doll with accessories, like they used to be. I graduated in 1993, so the PP dolls were my later teens.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.