Monday, June 10, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #161: Peter Rabbit Garden Set and Peter and Flopsy

    Firstly, BeBe,if you're out there,please comment with your address so I can send you your prize. I'll be leaving for Georgia again in a few days. If I don't hear from you before I go I won't be able to mail it until I get back. I'm hoping to be back on Father's Day. If  BeBe doesn't contact me soon we'll pick another winner.
  Now. Today we're checking out a couple of sets of toys with a doll. It's the Peter Rabbit Garden Set and the Peter and Flopsy figure set.





The sets are based on the "Peter Rabbit" movie,released in 2018.


I actually thought the movie was pretty good. It didn't stray too far into adult humor for kids,like a lot of kid's movies these days. It didn't completely ruin my idea of the classic books,like the Cat in the Hat and Where the Wild Things Are movies.



They're made by Just Play.

 

Included in the garden set is, first of all,a cute flocked Peter Rabbit figure.


Peter is similar to a Sylvanian Families doll. He has one ear flopped over,which gives him some extra personality. He's cute, but unfortunately he doesn't really resemble the cute character from the movie.

 

His head,arms, and legs are jointed. His little blue jacket is cloth,with printed gold buttons, and is removable.


Peter comes with a pumpkin and a watering can,and a  'plantable' garden that includes four carrots and three heads of lettuce.



'Plantable' means the carrots and lettuce come out of the little plot of ground.


Also included is a garden gate that actually opens. All the pieces are cute and fairly realistic.



The other set is a two pack with Peter and Flopsy

These characters are just over 3 and a half inches tall, the same size as Peter from the other set.
They actually have different head sculpts. I have to give the company credit for that. They could have just painted them differently and used the same sculpt. That would have been cheap of them,and unfair to their customers,but that's the common thing to do. But disappointingly,Peter is the exact same figure as the one in the garden set. I really hate it when toy manufacturers do that. Kids will want the various sets for all the different bits and pieces,so why stick them with the exact same figures they will have gotten in another set? I know it's cheaper because they don't have to come up with a new sculpt. But they might even get more sales if they changed just the facial expression or the ears or something about the head. Since the head is a separate piece,they wouldn't have to spend any money on the body. It could be done fairly cheaply. Come on toy companies!

You can see his face paint better in this picture. Look at his little furry face.

Flopsy doesn't look like the movie character either. She doesn't even look like a girl.


Flopsy's red jacket is cloth, but unlike Peter's jacket,it's not removable. It also doesn't look like the one from the movie.


Flopsy has the same limited articulation as Peter. She does have an even more flopped over ear than Peter. (Well, she is Flopsy.) She's even cuter than Peter too. (The cuteness is equivalent to the ear floppiness I guess.)


I got these sets clearanced at Walmart a while back for only $2.00 each.
  Those are today's dolls. I'm off to Georgia again tomorrow. I was prepared this time, so I prepared a bunch of posts ahead of time. So, Ken will be posting the daily posts for me. So even though I'll be gone, I'll see you tomorrow for another doll.

16 comments:

  1. Cute bunnies.

    I think that you are right in that the cartoon movies today are a bit too "adult" for children. Why does Hollywood do that, I wonder?

    Travel safely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dorothy. I think they do it because the world is raunchier these days,and it's all about the money.

      Delete
  2. Those are cute sets! If the Dancer was younger, I probably would have bought them for her. We read the Peter Rabbit books to her when she was a little thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emma liked them too. Her favourite Beatrix Potter was Tom Kitten though.

      Delete
  3. I don't know why, but until I saw this post, I assumed the Peter Rabbit movie was the same animation as the tv series. Clearly not.
    Are these little guys the same sort of size as the Calico Critters and Little Woodeez?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I think they are,just a bit more realistically proportioned, and not as short and chunky. Sylvanian Families are about the same as the ones you mentioned.

      Delete
  4. Very cute 😍

    Sylvanian Families are the same as Calico Critters (different names in different countries).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's it! Thanks. I knew two of them were the same,but I couldn't remember which two it was.

      Delete
  5. These are very cute, I love this type of creature and this size!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. If I was rich I'd have a whole village!

      Delete
  6. These are very cute! My daughter has one of these Peter Rabbits. I think I gave it to her for Easter last year. She’s a big fan of this Peter Rabbit movie because she’s a big fan of anything having to do with rabbits. She has 2 pet rabbits of her own - and we don’t let them any where near our garden!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've had two pet bunnies. The one used to go outside sometimes within his little fence, and he wouldn't even eat grass! Very spoiled!

      Delete
    2. Our bunnies live outside. They have a hutch under our deck they live in. And then I also have a large cage that I built (I call it the bunny run) that’s out in the yard. I often put the bunnies in it during the day so they can get exercise and eat grass. They aren’t allowed in the house because we all have allergies to various animals, so my husband has declared that there are to be no animals in the house!!

      Delete
    3. I think we all have very mild allergies to cats. It's a good thing they're mild because my son brought home a whole batch of kittens a few years ago when his friend moved out of state and couldn't take his cats.

      Delete
  7. These are cute. I still haven't seen this movie and not sure I want to. I LOVED the books and I think I would rather remember them that way. I was fond of anything by Beatrix Potter when I was a little girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the movie is absolutely nothing like the book. You should watch the series The World of Peter Rabbit and Friends. Beautiful animation and a gorgeous end theme. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jn5ayRIRqjg

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.