Sunday, June 23, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #174: Bradley dolls


    Today's dolls are more that were in the box of auction rejects. They're these pretty ladies.



They're Bradley dolls.


Except for the one in pink. She's a Bradley wanna be.










Bradley dolls are known for their big eyes.
 


And their unusual fingers!

Their faces are painted and the bodies are stockinette.


The one in purple satin is in a sitting position.

The bride has pegs on her feet,so she must have fit into a stand.


  I like these dolls, but you can't keep everything. One of my oldest dolls is a Bradley or Bradley type that I got from a hospital gift shop when my mom was in for a hysterectomy when I was 4. I will have to show her to you some day. I also have my childhood music box doll, (which you can see HERE.), which is a Bradley looking pose doll,a few small pose dolls,and a larger Bradley type I got at the flea market a while back. So I have plenty! I'm also going to let go of these two,which you may have seen in my post when I got them at a yard sale a few years ago.


These ladies aren't as old as the ones above.They have molded mask faces and molded hands instead of the stuffed stockinette ones.




  That brings me to the sales page I mentioned a few days ago. I have been working on it! It will be up soon, and new things will be added all the time. I keep finding or thinking of more things I need to get rid of. I like so many different things that I have all sorts of dolls, and things for all scales. I will be so happy to clear some things out and have more room to enjoy what keep. Of  course there are a lot of things I will never get rid of . Those things include my childhood toys,gifts that were given to me,and of course,the dolls I posted that belong to Emma or Ivy. But I've posted an awful lot of dolls over the years. It may take me a while to get to some that I'm saying goodbye to. Also,I may not remember some that I wanted to get rid of. So if you saw something on the blog you have been longing for,it never hurts to ask if I'm getting rid of it. You never know!

6 comments:

  1. I like these dolls and have a few that I have found at thrift stores. Mine don’t have the crazy kaleidoscope eyes though. I also have a very vague recollection of a lamp with an attached doll when I was very little and I think it may have been a Bradley doll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen dolls like this here in Europe too, I don't know if they were the same company but they certainly looked similar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These dolls are new to me. What fine ladies they are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I think my dresser doll was a wannabe. Her base was a white plastic disk, not wood. She had a dress like the purple one. WHere its open in the front with lace. Her clothes were more of a cotton though than that satin. She was a pretty doll with the huge floppy hat that had wire in it so it wasn't floppy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bradley made those dolls with the big brimmed hats too. She might have been real.

      Delete
    2. What makes me think that is the white plastic base. Did any of them come that way?

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.