Saturday, June 22, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #173: Red Riding Hood

  The news today is that Toys R Us will be opening 2 new stores in the U.S. in 2020. All Toys R Us stores in the United States were closed last year,while the company maintained stores in Europe,Asia,and India. Several new stores are planned for other countries this year too. I really hope Toys R Us manages to make a comeback here. I think it's better to be able to handle things you're considering buying, and be able to look at them in person. It's the same reason I like being able to go to a doll show,as opposed to buying online all the time.
 Today we're going to look at  another doll from that box of auction leftovers. I think she's kind of cute,but I can't keep everything. So she was relegated to the reject box. They're are actually two of them. They're Red Riding Hood.

The outfit includes a red and white gingham dress with built in apron,a red hooded cape,and white undies. There were originally shoes too,but mine are gone.

She was made by New Bright Industrial Company in 1991. The symbol is an Aladdin's lamp inside a triangle.


Red Riding Hood was part of a series of  7 and a half inch dolls called the New Bright Collection Bookcase Collectable Dolls.

She has sleep eyes and rooted blonde hair.

There were 12 dolls in the series including  Red Riding Hood, Little Bo Peep, Mary Mary Quite Contrary, Cinderella,and dolls representing various countries. Sort of a mixed bag.

This box for the Scottish doll shows all the dolls in the series.
  That's today's doll. We'll see you again tomorrow for more dolls.

5 comments:

  1. These are super cute. I love dolls that represent fairy tale and story book characters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. kind of remind me of the madam alexander story book dolls, would be good to go w/or augment the travel type dolls

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's really cute looking, I like her face. I agree with Doll Hoarders Exchange, they remind me of the Madam Alexander story book dolls too, very sweet faces!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What cutie dolls. They have a slightly startled expression as if they are saying, "oh you are discussing us, well do continue." (laugh)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They have a Madame Alexander look to them. So I agree with both woman that said that. A problem with commenting years later. lol I like dolls based on children's books and these are definitely cute. I can understand not being able to keep everything though. lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.