Monday, June 17, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #168: Ruby Fairy Melody

   Well, I'm back from Georgia. Lori is settled in her new house. I actually got back late Saturday night. I wanted to be back in time for Father's Day. So yesterday,(Father's Day), the girls and I went out with Ken to celebrate.
  It may seem there was no post yesterday,but there was. It was just published a day early. I left Ken a bunch of numbered posts to publish while I was gone,and it seems he accidentally posted two in one day,which left him a post short.  So now we're back on track.
  As for the Blogaversary competition winner,Bebe still hasn't left me a comment with her address. If she doesn't contact me by noon tomorrow I will choose a new winner from the other contestants who entered.
  Today's doll is this little girl.




She's Ruby Fairy Melody.



I have two because I had the boxed one, and then got a second hand one. So I just never opened the other one.


Ruby Fairy is obviously a Kelly friend.


Melody was one of the original Kelly friends.




Ruby Fairy was from a line of Kelly and friends called Dream Club.


Dream Club was a 2002 animated Kelly movie. It was the first Kelly movie.


The dolls made were based on characters from the movie. There were several princesses,and, as well as Ruby, there was the Diamond Fairy and the Emerald Fairy.


Ruby was always my favourite. I love her fair complexion, her colouring, and her red hair.

As you can see,my roses are on their way out. Just before I left for Georgia I made Emma some sugared rose petals. I first made them to top her birthday cake years ago when she had a 'fairy birthday party'.



The only thing I think could be improved is her super thin eyebrows. I'd thicken them a tiny bit at least.
 

Ruby comes with a wand...
 


...a necklace...



...a crown/tiara...




...red shoes...


...her red dress...



...and, of course,her fairy wings,which are part of her dress. 


  That's it for today.  See you tomorrow for another doll.

7 comments:

  1. What a cutie doll! I love her smile. She has such a pleasant face.

    I am glad Lori is settled and you are safely home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's really enjoying her beautiful new farm. Her views are wonderful,but the bugs are a nightmare!

      Delete
  2. I like side glance, it seems rare among the Kelly bunch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I think the Flintstones Kellys have side glance eyes too,but it is rare.

      Delete
  3. She's cute, I've always thought these little Kelly dolls were sweet looking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the Melody character. And she's so cute in her little fairy costume. I am glad you got Lori settled okay and that everything happened before COVID hit. I know you will miss her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss her, but I have been to see her once a year since she moved. We'll see if that continues. It wears on the car a lot, and costs a fortune in gas.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.