Friday, June 28, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #179: Mechanical Russian Lady

  It's amazingly hot today. It's 89 degrees Farenheit,but it feels hotter. It makes me have trouble breathing and I have no strength at all. We don't have air conditioning,so there's no escape.
  In looking for the travel dolls I came across a lot of interesting dolls I haven't looked at for a while. One such doll is this lady.


IS she a doll,or is she a toy? Can she be both? She's made of metal.


She's still a travel doll I suppose. She's obviously meant to be Russian,but I don't see any writing on her anywhere.


She has a wind-up feature.

 

Once I had fitted her key back in I wound her up. She has wheels.
 

When wound up she rolls forward,stops, spins,and then rolls forward again.


Her had can tilt from side to side. I wonder if it originally tilted as she rolled.


 I think I might keep this one.I like her alot,and she reminds me of toys we had as kids. Oh...I said toy. Is she a doll or a toy?!


  That's the doll, (Or is she a toy?!),for today. See you again tomorrow. 

5 comments:

  1. If the heat is really getting to you, and there's any breeze, try getting the oldest, thinnest, bed sheet you have, dip it in water and squeeze some out, then hang it across an open window. It works even better if you freeze the bed sheet after wetting it, but I could never get a frozen one to hang.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's very cute looking and great that she is a wind up model.
    We have had days and days of really, really hot weather and it doesn't let up all day and night.
    I hope you get some relief from your heat soon.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ken's sister and niece spend a lot of time in Spain, so I have been hearing about how hot it is over there.They love it, but it would be too much for me!

      Delete
  3. I think she is cute. I would call her a toy. I am not sure what the definition of doll is though. I think that all dolls are toys but not all toys are dolls. If that is the case, she can be called a toy. Whatever she is, she sounds like she would be a fun plaything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Dorothy. I think all dolls are toys but not vice versa. She's a neat whatever she is. The paint on her is still so nice!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.