Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #162: A Doll of My Own Making: June

  Today's doll is one I made. She's 'June'.


June is the only doll I made that I made as a necklace.


She sold on Etsy. I wish I knew how well she held up to being worn. The lady who bought her said she loved her when June arrived,but that's the last I heard.


I named this doll 'June' because she reminded me of 'June Cleaver',from "Leave it to Beaver". June Clever was famous for hanging around the house in her high heels,starched dresses, and pearls.


I didn't have any tiny pearls at the time. I wanted to put a pearl necklace on her. If I had it to do again, I would fake it out with paint.


I did put a lace apron on her. She also has painted fingernails...even if she doesn't have fingers!
  June was made the same way as the other little dolls like this that I made. She's only a couple of inches tall,and has a wooden head,and a felt covered wire armature. She can actually be posed,as her arms and legs bend.
  That's the doll for today. See you again tomorrow for another doll.

8 comments:

  1. What a cutie doll. I am sure she is still being loved by the buyer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so. It's so hard letting go of dolls I've made. You hope they are well taken care of.

      Delete
  2. Aw, what a cute idea! I love that you gave her painted nails, fingers or no.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very cute, and would definitely have made an interesting outfit!
    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know why you don't get as much traffic with your homemade dolls but I LOVE LOVE LOVE the posts like this. For future reference, you can use white seed beads to fake a pearl necklace at this size. Not exact, but close enough. She does remind me of June Cleaver! I watched Beaver re-runs and always thought it was odd how so many of the mothers on those old shows were dressed to the nines for housework!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I still have a few I haven't shown, so you're making me think I might show them. The beads would have to be terribly tiny, or they look like Wilma Flintstone's necklace! I didn't have anything that tiny.

      Delete
    2. It might be a while before I can comment on your newest posts, but I will get there. lol

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.