Monday, June 3, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #153: Kid Kore Doll

  Today's doll is for Amaruq.
**UPDATE. Thanks to a reader who knows their Kid Kore stuff. Please read their information about Kid Kore in the comments.**  


Actually, there are two of them. They are Kid Kore dolls...I think.


You may have seen this one before. I named her Vanessa.


I used her in a couple of photo stories. You can see those HERE and HERE.


I've had her for quite a while. She was a member of  a family I put together when the kids were younger and I was playing with them.


These dolls are 8 inches tall.


They look alike, but there slight differences between them.


My original doll has bangs.


The extra doll doesn't,but I wonder if she did when she was new. There seems to be remnants of bangs.


But they both have a part in the back,and double ponytails.


Their hair is thinly rooted,and not a very good quality.


The face paint is the same.



They both have twist waists.


 

The extra girl seems to have had the same melting problem as dolls like Dusty and Dawn. That is, her legs and body have reacted together and 'melted'. Looks like her clothes got stuck in the plastic too.
 


Their other weakness is that their legs pop off easily at the hips.
They have click bend knees.


The main difference between the two is that Vanessa's head is on a ball joint that allows it to swivel and tilt, but looks really weird in some poses.



 

The other doll has a similar neck joint, but the ball is smaller. That means her head can't tilt as far as Vanessa's,but she doesn't look weird.


Vanessa's head also has a tendency to pop off easily too. The other girl has a much more secure head.
They have arms made in a bent position.
.

They're a hard size to find clothes for. They are very thin,and a weird height.Vanessa is wearing Bratz clothes that fit pretty well.


Original size Stacie shirts are too baggy and too short,as are the pants. Some of the clothes for the smaller Mary-Kate and Ashley clothes fit. I think current Stacie clothes might come close.

This is a Barbie shirt and I'm not sure about the pants.
That's the doll for today.


See you again tomorrow.



7 comments:

  1. She looks funny. Is she almost the size of new Stacie?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I measured her, and she is only 8 inches tall, like old Stacie. She seems taller though.It must be because she is so thin.

      Delete
  2. She looks like she would be fun to play with. She is new to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! And another doll I've never heard of!
    Your blog really does show me a lot of new dolls that I've never seen before :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. She does look like a Kid Kore. I purchased one and the person I bought it from said she was a Kid Kore Kelsey 2002. But I cannot find any like her. She is 6 1/2 inches tall. Blond and a beautiful face. Her head Says Kid Kore 2002. Her bottom says Kid Kore 2001 China. She has Bright Pink Boots that are permanently on her feet. Have you heard or seen any of these? She's not a Kid Kore Bratz because she perfectly uniform.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kid Kore changed their Barbie-clone-family head molds in 2002, and your girls do indeed have a revised 2002 face-up. I have a 2002 Jodi (the 4" Kelly clone) with a very similar face. At 8" tall, you have a revised 2002 Katie, the Stacie equivalent. Her 1990s version was 7.5" tall, but the 2002-marked dolls also generally got a bit taller. I don't think the 2002 dolls did well or were offered for long, but they're so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Duly noted, and I'm updating the post to let people know to read your information. I know my oldest had a Katie, and she was much more Stacie sized.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.