Sunday, June 9, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #160: Travelin' Sisters Stacie

  I am still tired from all the moving stuff I did the other day. On Tuesday we spent hours loading a trailer,and were so worn out and achy we could hardly move when we got done. The next day we drove all the way to Georgia in one day.Well, it was an hour into the next day when we got there. We then spent about 3 hours unloading the trailer of stuff we brought down. After that we drove to a hotel and got about 2 hours of sleep before starting off again the next morning to come home. It was about 3:30 in the morning when we got home. I don't know if it was from all those hours of riding,but my ankles were like softballs that night. And I'm still tired.
  Today's doll completes our celebration of Emma's birthday week for this year. She's another of Emma's straight from the box dolls.

Anybody have any suggestions for cleaning a plastic garden arch so it can be white again?
She's Stacie from the Travelin' Sisters set.


The set included Barbie,Skipper,Stacie, and Kelly,all in coordinating outfits.



You can see a video of the whole set HERE.


The set was a special edition from 1995.
 
Unlike the American version, the Japanese version used the Mackie head sculpt for their Barbie. Stacie has the same head sculpt as all the Stacie's of the era.


This is her original outfit.

12
It consists of a shirt,with another shirt worn over it.
 

The top shirt has checks and Scottie dogs on it.
 

Stacie also has jeans...

 

Her jeans close in back with a snap.
...white shoes...


...and a polka dot beret.




I used to wear berets. But when I wore them they were pulled down to the side of your head.


Ivy tells me that the way to wear a beret these days is to pull it straight back on your head a bit.


Stacie has white earrings.


She has articulation at the neck,shoulders,and hips,and click bend knees.


 Emma had been after this set for years. I think she bought just the Stacie from Paul David at a doll show.


   That's today's doll. See you again tomorrow for another one.

12 comments:

  1. Aw, I like this Stacie's outfit. Polka dots with plaid is a little weird, but it's a cute look over all.

    Have you tried powerwashing or magic erasers on the plastic arch? Either of those might work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ken won a power washer not too long ago, so that might be a thought. Thanks.

      Delete
  2. She's another little cutie, I do like her face and her little outfit.
    And WOW, I felt worn out just reading what you'd been up to! That was a busy couple of days you had there. Now to rest and chill out!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No time to rest and chill out. I'm headed back to Georgia on Wednesday!

      Delete
  3. Another cutie doll. I like that you photographed her outside. It made her seem bubbly. I don't know why.

    Geez you worked really hard. I hope you are able to get some rest tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me days to get rested and now I'm off again. Still, worth it to spend time with my best friend. I may not ever get to do it again.

      Delete
  4. It was fun to see Emma’s Stacie dolls and other dolls. Until yesterday, I only had one older Stacie doll - a holiday doll in a sparkly green dress that came with Barbie and Kelly and a staircase. But yesterday I found a camping family Stacie and Skipper. I believe you have the Skipper and have featured her before in one of your posts. They both were wearing their original outfits and Stacie even had her shoes. She’s very cute and has freckles. The funny thing is that a few months ago I found the camper van that went with these camping family dolls. I think this set was from 2009

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes,the staircase sisters. Emma and Ivy both have that set. Yes, I have that 2009 Skipper. I think Emma has the Stacie. She has a couple of the modern ones.

      Delete
  5. Wow, all week and I never wished Emma Happy Birthday! So, Happy WAY Belated or WAY Early Birthday. lol Thanks for letting your Mom share your dolls with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emma is coming up on her 31st this summer!

      Delete
    2. TJ (my son) will be 24. It really does zoom by once they are out of school.

      Delete
    3. But not me. I'm still young...

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.