Thursday, June 13, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #165: Penny Brite Clone

  Today's doll is one I got in a trade with a Flickr friend. She may look a little familiar.



She looks familiar, but she's not who she resembles. She has Penny Brite's face,but she's a clone.


She has Penny's dimples and eyes with the pie slice of shine in them...


...and that  toothy Penny smile.
 

She's only marked Hong Kong,so I have no idea who she might be.


She is actually taller than Penny.


Penny is 8 inches tall,while the clone girl is 9 inches.


There was also never a Penny Brite with black hair. Penny was always blonde.


Clone girl has sort of a Prince Valiant 'do,instead of Penny's fluffy hair with side flips.


She isn't made of the same quality plastic/vinyl as Penny. Her legs have thick mold lines and her  fingers have stray flashing too.



She also doesn't have the bendy limbs Penny has.


 She can only do the spread legged sit.
 

 She also has a weird hunk of scalp sticking up out of her hair.



You can see my posts on Penny Brite HERE and HERE,and my post on a different Penny Clone HERE.

The dress she's wearing is a random dress I had that fits her. I think it belongs to Cricket.

 
So long!


  That's today's doll. See you again tomorrow for another doll.


8 comments:

  1. I don't know Penny Brite or this doll so it's all new information. Yeaaa!

    I like that she is waving good-bye. Good-bye Ms. Clone Doll.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Penny is from my childhood,so a little after yours I guess.

      Delete
  2. She has a very cute face, with those chubby cheeks and dimples. Shame that she has dandruff though, poor girl! ;)
    I really like her though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that dust shows up too well in her black hair!

      Delete
  3. Looking at her makes me think Penny would have looked cute with black hair. I know she's s clone, but did they have to make her look like her mother cut her hair?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose she does have a primitive hair cut. I like her though.

      Delete
    2. Don't get me wrong, I do like her. As I said, she shows that Penny would have looked good with black hair. They just gave her a bit of an uneven hair cut. I guess, since lots of kids end up with self haircuts at some time in their childhood, her story could be the cut her hair and Mommy hasn't evened it yet.

      Delete
    3. Emma went to school with the kid in your story!

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.