Thursday, June 20, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #171: Ginny

  I have heard from Korglady,our second winner, so her prize, the 35th Anniversary Barbie doll,will be making it's way to her soon.
  I was asked for some travel dolls by someone recently. So I pulled out a box a couple of days ago that had some of the dolls I had left over from auction lots after I removed what I wanted,including a bunch of travel dolls. I have A LOT of stuff, leftover from auction lots, that I don't want. Looking through the box,something occurred to me, which I have thought of before: Would you readers be offended,or think it was taking advantage, for me to have a 'For Sale' page on the blog? I know a lot of bloggers have a sale page, or post links to their Etsy or Ebay listings. I have so much stuff I need to get rid of, and Ebay isn't what it used to be. It could be very good for everybody. I have too much stuff, and I have not only dolls, but tons of doll sized furniture,doll clothes and accessories of all eras. So what do you think? Sales page or no?
  Today I thought we'd look at some of the dolls that were in the box with the travel dolls. First of all there's this kid.


This is the 70's version of Vogue's Ginny doll.
 

Bendable knees? I never noticed.

She has sleep eyes. There were later Ginny dolls with painted eyes.

These three Ginnys from the box show the differences. The one in the middle has the painted eyes,and the other two have sleep eyes.
They're  8 inches tall.


Pardon me mentioning this,but that crotch just looks weird.
Some of the clothes for the 70's Ginny dolls were cute,and I have been known to steal them for other dolls. But some of the clothes were just too 70's for me!

The earlier Ginny dolls had round, chubby faces and chubby limbs.These later 70's Ginny dolls were proportioned more like real kids except for their big round heads.



These 70's Ginnys have a problem with their limbs,and sometimes their faces,discolouring. They become sort of blotchy orange and white. They can also have a tendency to pale out badly.These guys don't seem to suffer much from those problems,(They're a little pale and two of them have pale lip colour,but it could be way worse) ,but the blondes have very crispy hair.
  Those are today's dolls. See you again tomorrow!

7 comments:

  1. I think it's fine to have a sale.

    I do know the Ginny doll as I collected Madame Alexander which was kind of a "rival." I don't recognize these Ginnys though. I think I am more familiar with the recent ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, I had no idea that Ginny ever had bendable knees. My mother actually did have a Ginny doll (and her older sister, whose name escapes me), so the box blurb does kind of speak to me lol.

    I think a sales page would be great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lesney Ginny! These are so different from the other Ginny dolls! I had to cut my doll's hair, it was so bad. Oh, these are cute, though! Thanks for sharing the in-box example.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think a sales page is a fine idea. Ebay definitely is not what it used to be.

    I vaguely remember Ginny from when I was a girl. Yours are cute, despite being much loved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for choosing me for the prize. I’m looking forward to receiving the doll. I think a sales page is a great idea. I wish you the best of luck in clearing out some of the things you don’t want anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think a sales page is a very good idea, lots of blogs have them and it is a good way to show what you have for sale, plus Ebay is such a nightmare these days that it's no fun, in fact it can be downright scary, selling on there. Good luck with your sales.....
    This doll has a bum at the front AND the back LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am with Sharon but I am glad she said it first! It looks like a strange second behind!

    She is a cute doll though. I think part of the reason you missed the knees is the socks are over them.

    I know this is an old post, but you already know I have no problem with your sales page. Although when you update it, I MIGHT be in trouble.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.