Sunday, January 12, 2014

Doll-A-Day 12: Hong Kong Mod Girl

  Today's doll is this little tyke.

She is obviously a 60's girl.

Check out those white go-go boots and the mod dress.
She measures about 5" tall. Her hair is rooted and her facial features are painted on.
Those eyes look a little off center, but you have to love those freckles.

 Cute little thing, isn't she? She reminds me of an anime' character.

The back of her neck is marked Hong Kong.She doesn't have a manufacturer's name.She is one of those cheaper dolls from my childhood, made of soft vinyl. Her hair is pretty thickly rooted though, for a cheap doll.

The fabric of her dress is inexpensive, but the style is cute and she even has little undies. She reminds me of the little dolls I used to buy when I was a kid. I had (and still have) loads of those inexpensive dolls with the...unusual faces.I definitely would have bought this girl when I was a kid. As it was, Emma got her somewhere and wanted to keep her because she was just so cute, and was wearing go-go boots, like Emma wants in real life. She sat around for ages and finally Emma told me I could have her.And she didn't even make me trade!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks in advance for your comments.