Thursday, January 30, 2014

Doll-A-Day 30: Another Little Doll By Me or A Doll of My Own Making:Newsboy

Today's doll is another little doll I made myself.

He's less than an inch and a half tall.

His head is wooden, painted with acrylics and sealed with non yellowing clear glaze.His body is a wire armature,covered in felt. His cloth clothes aren't removeable, but if you really wanted to, you could take his newspaper bag off. He has individual fingers.His arms and legs are poseable, but the newspaper is glued to his hand.


  He's supposed to look like a 1930's newsboy.

He has a purposely ragged sweater,(the Great Depression and all.),a plaid cloth cap, and real shoe strings.

Ivy made the tiny newspapers for me. He has one in his hand, ("Read all about it!"),and some in his bag.
The papers in the bag are removeble. This little guy is one of Ivy's favourites of the dolls I've made.
Like the last doll I made that was doll of the day,he was part of the special order that the lady never paid for.Her loss!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks in advance for your comments.