Thursday, October 30, 2014

Doll-A-Day 278: Little Church Lady by June Goodnow

  Today's doll is one I got in an auction lot recently. She's the Little Church Lady.

She's by doll artist June Goodnow.



'Artist' is the appropriate word here. This doll has an amazing face.

Every little wrinkle is perfectly sculpted.



I love the expression on her face.

Her little mouth is perfect.


Her white hair is whispy and soft.
She has a little bible and a hanky.
 
In some ways she reminds me very much of my Mammaw...

She's about 11" tall.

As realistic as she is in many ways, her feet are a bit cartoonish.(I guess that chest is too, but it's also realistic!)

June Goodnow was a Niada doll artist who began making dolls in 1972. She passed away in 2010.


Tomorrow we'll look at another doll,(of course.) See you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks in advance for your comments.