Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Doll-A-Day 2017 #254:Lu Ann

  Today we're looking at a doll I got at Salvation Army last week. She's LuAnn.



LuAnn is a Heidi Ott doll.



Heidi Ott is a Swiss doll artist.



LuAnn is 12" tall.


She has a vinyl head,chest plate, and limbs,and a stuffed cloth body.


When I closely looked at her hair I noticed there were different shades of hair, and even a white one!


That's when I realized she had real human hair.
 

That kind of creeps me out. I think Ivy thought it was because I thought they got it from dead bodies! She said, "They just cut it you know." I know, but it's still kind of gross.

"Really?"

LuAnn's head can tilt side to side and up and down, but her limbs aren't poseable. They don't hold a pose, since they are cloth at the shoulders and hips.



LuAnn has painted features.

What a pretty face.

Her hair looks more brown in person. in these pictures it looks a bit red.



Apart from her big hat, she's wearing a dress, pinafore, and bloomers...





...and these strange things that look like spats, but I think they're just to protect her ankles from the string that holds her in her box.


Here are a few more pictures of the very photogenic LuAnn.




See you again tomorrow for, oh...how about a doll?

3 comments:

  1. The Dancer has donated her hair a couple of times to a charity that makes wigs for kids with cancer, or issues like alopecia. But I might feel weird also, having a doll with human hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have donated to Locks for Love and another one, but I too am not sure I want a human hair doll. I LOVE Heidi Ott though, I have one of her dollhouse babies and I adore it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just too creeped out by the idea myself. I like those Heidi Ott babies too. I almost bought one really cheap at a miniature show. I wish I had, because now the ones I see are too expensive.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.