Saturday, September 30, 2017

Doll-A-Day 2017 #273: Shrunken Saturday:Cottage Collectibles Max, Maxie,and a Couple of Cats


   I have to apologize first. Somehow the draft of  this post got published five days ago,only partially finished and with no pictures. Sorry! I have no idea how that happened.
  Now for today's post, all finished this time.
  I  found this Cottage Collectibles monkey on our trip to Canada recently, although he was from the antique mall we stopped at before reaching Canada. I think he's from Michigan.


Cottage Collectibles were made by Ganz.


 I have two Cottage Collectibles cats, and a mouse, which are slightly smaller than this guy's 4".


Tutu is the white cat.


She  is 3" tall.



The black cat is 3 1/2" tall.


And the mouse is 2 3/4" tall.

 



The Cottage Collectibles dolls all have the little brass  tag on their chests.



They originally came in a muslin bag.



My favourite, is Maxie,the mouse.



 

 I first spotted Maxie in a cake and candy making supplies and gift store.



 I kept saying how I wanted him, but I never got him, then one day I found a Maxie at a yard sale.

He was even still in his muslin bag.


It was a good thing, because Maxie was one of those 'one that got away' stories that haunt you. I don't know why. 


He's just so cute!

 Sometimes a particular thing will just strike me and I have to have it or I can never forget about it. This monkey may have ended up being like that! I just love him! Oddly enough,his name is Max!



See you tomorrow for another doll.

4 comments:

  1. They are all very cute, but why does Maxie the Mouse look more like a cat? lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you may be right! I don't know why I always considered him a mouse. And I just noticed how light on pictures of the monkey this post is. What's up with that?!

      Delete
  2. Love Monkey Max. I have one mint with a 5” wooden jointed monkey I got on eBay this year for $5. I was happy! I collect wooden monkeys, but liked Max better. 😂 I have a wood monkey board on Pinterest. Janet C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like you got a great deal. I love monkeys and apes in general. I tried to find a Janet with a wood monkey board on Pinterest, but I had no luck!

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.