Friday, September 22, 2017

Doll-A-Day 2017 #265: Penny Brite

  Today's doll is a girl I got at the flea market a few weeks ago.


She's Penny Brite..




I went into a lot of detail about Penny Brite dolls in my post on Penny Brite during the original doll a day,(You can see that post HERE.),so I won't go into much here. I will say that Penny was made by Topper/Deluxe Reading.


And she's 8" tall.


She's a doll from my childhood era,produced from 1963-1970.


I have my childhood Penny, and my sister's too. But this girl was only a dollar,and when I bought her she was wearing this:


It turned out to be Skipper's 'Dream Ins' nightgown. So, yay! I actually didn't have that yet.


Her head is on a ball joint, so it can be tilted and posed in cute ways.




Her cute side glance eyes work well with this.


Penny wasn't going to stay, but when I got home I found that her right arm was torn at the shoulder, so I guess she's going to hang around.


She's wearing the coat from the Penny Brite set 'Travel Set'.

The camera is a Tammy accessory. (Not me. The doll Tammy.)





Or is it? It could just be a clone outfit,like the Miss Cindy outfit by Cragstan.


There's no tag on this coat,so it could be either. It's a thin flannel,so it's probably the clone coat.


Tomorrow my friend Lori and I are going to another flea market,so maybe I'll have something else to show you from that one next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks in advance for your comments.