Saturday, February 1, 2014

Doll-A-Day 32: Skipper Saturday: NOT Straight Leg Skipper, but also not 50th Anniversary Skipper

Today's doll was supposed to be a straight leg Skipper wearing Chill Chasers, from 1966,without the red beret. But I'm having computer problems (To go with the camera problems I was having yesterday!),and I can't download any pictures off my camera.Until I get things figured out, (meaning, until somebody else figures things out, because I am computer illiterate!)...

PROBLEMS SOLVED. CHECK OUT THE NEXT POST,'DOLL-A-DAY 32:SKIPPER SATURDAY A DAY LATE' TO SEE MORE OF THIS BEAUTIFUL LITTLE GIRL.


  I won't be able to go any further with doll of the day after tomorrow's post, which I already have ready(almost!). So today we'll talk about a doll I don't own, but would like to.Skipper was introduced in 1964, so this is her 50th anniversary year. In celebration Mattel produced this vinyl 50th anniversary doll which went on sale January 3rd of this year, and was made available on Barbiecollector.com.
50th Anniversary Skipper is a reproduction of the original Skipper in the vintage Skipper fashion, Happy Birthday from 1965.

She even comes with reproductions of the original accessories too.  

Of course, there was no real announcement that there was even going to be an anniversary doll. By January 6th the doll was sold out.I'm hoping they will  have more at some point, because the $39.95 Mattel was asking beats the $100 to $150 they are going for on the secondary market! I will definitely not be getting one at that price!
Bit disappointing that they used Happy Birthday because they used that on the porcelain 30th anniversary Skipper. (Wow. Was that that long ago?)

Looks like Scared Lipstick Skipper.
That doll wasn't nearly as Skipper-like though.
  So there you have it. If I find out the new anniversary doll is back in stock I'll let you know, I'd appreciate anybody else letting me know too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks in advance for your comments.