Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #337: Louise

  I know I said I was showing you Ivy's dolls in her birthday month of November,but there were still some dolls I wanted to show you and I ran out of month! Today's doll is one of those I really wanted to include. She's this sweet little girl.


Her name is Louise.


She's by Kids at Heart.

She came with this postcard of herself.


She was made in 1997,but we bought her much later,when Ivy was small. There used to be a gift shop in town here that carried a lot of collectible dolls. (Ivy stocked up on Muffy Vanderbear shoes from there,since we could never find any other shoes that fit her favourite doll,Baby. Baby is a Goldberger  doll you may have seen in my post HERE. She didn't come with shoes and had a sticking up big toe that no shoes we could find would fit over. We said she was 'hitchhiking',which was the same thing Ivy always did that made getting socks and shoes on her impossible when she was little.)

We were way too late to take advantage of this offer.

She's about 7 inches tall.


  Louise is based on a character from a book called The Tales of Silent Lou. A copy of the book came with the doll. I think it's one of those situations where one didn't really exist without the other.


I won't show you the whole book, but I want to show you some of the beautiful pictures in it. Plus, from what I'll show you you'll get the gist of the story.








This is Louise's original dress. She originally had a matching hair bow too.


Louise has molded and painted shoes.



Her legs have a molded texture. She has real cotton undies though.


She's jointed at the neck,shoulders, and hips.


Her shoulders and hips have a molded button at the tops,to make her look like a cloth doll with button joints.
 

Her little hands are made to look like cloth mitten type hands.



  The other two dolls in the story were also available as dolls by Kids at Heart. There was a set with just Louise and the book, which is what we bought. There was also a set with Louise,Ernestine and Marien with the book,and Marien and Ernestine both came individually, both with  the book. Merion and Ernestine were for sale at the store where we got Louise. I hoped to get them too,but the store was going out of business at the time. I didn't manage to scrape the money together for Marien and Ernestine until it was too late.
  I really liked the book and the dolls. It was one of those cases where maybe I liked them more than Ivy did! I think she did like Louise though. She played with her enough that Louise lost her hair. When I found Louise she was bald! It took going through a lot of Ivy's packed boxes, that she shoved all sorts of stuff into, for me to come across Louise's hair! Luckily she lost her hair all in one piece.
 


  Ivy had dug the book out for me ages ago because I wanted to do a post on Louise. She couldn't find Louise though. I told Ivy that I found Louise and her postcard,and I found Louise's hair. Ivy exclaimed,"That's been missing for ages!" So Louise got all put back together,except for her hair bow. I didn't find that,or at least,if I did, I didn't recognize it.
  That's the doll for today. I am spoiled for choice for tomorrow's doll. One of mine, or another of Ivy's? And which one? I found more interesting ones today! Oh well. Come back tomorrow and find out.

7 comments:

  1. Oh she's a little cutie, and how lovely that you found her hair and were able to put her all back together again :)
    I like the look of the dolls in the book too.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie doll. I am glad you found her hair!

    I love the photos in the book. The outfits are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Louise reminds me of the doll from Big Comfy Couch. And Ernastine's style reminds me very much of a Mary Englebreit drawing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree wholeheartedly with both of those points.

      Delete
  4. I think Louise is cute. The postcard makes her look a bit odd with the perspective they took the picture from though. I am glad you found her hair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the postcard Louise too, but she is different from the doll.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.