Monday, December 9, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #342: Mimi and the Goo Goos

  Today's dolls are some very tiny ones.



These are Mimi and the Goo Goos dolls.


Sorry this one is a bit grungy. I found it at the last minute and I should have cleaned it up. Remember these things have been kicking around in a load of old toys for years.
Mimi and the Goo Goos were made by Mattel. In the UK they were made by Bluebird, which also made the original Polly Pocket sets. That's kind of obvious when you look at the tiny playsets that Mimi and The Goo Goos came with. The dolls are a little over an inch tall. They came in tiny common objects, or in larger sets that included things like cars and houses.




They were a mid 90's toy, being made between 1994 and 1996. Emma, who was born in 1991 had some. I always bought cool toys on clearance when I found them,to use for future Christmas's, birthdays, or special rewards. I think I ended up with a  Mimi and the Goo Goos set that Emma never got,which explains why Ivy,who was born in 1999, has some.



She has a little pony tail.


The girl in pink came inside a teddy bear,and was also available in the Fun Phone Gift Set.








 The second kid is from the Fun Fair Playset I think.She came with a train.


There is a very detailed site on Mimi and the Goo Goos you can see HERE.



Their heads turn, but everything else is a solid piece.





  Those are today's dolls. See you again tomorrow for another one. Review of a new doll coming soon!

6 comments:

  1. Very cute. Funny that their heads can turn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What little cuties.

    In my mind, train girl hit teddy bear girl and that is why she is crying. Train girl wanted to take the teddy bear away from her. I am sure that a hug would make it all better (chuckle).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! That must be what tore the teddy bear's arm:Train Girl was tugging on it!

      Delete
  3. They are sooo tiny! And quite cute too :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that I saw that boy on Aliexpress the other day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I remember seeing these in stores. They are cute but I never liked dolls I could not remove clothes. lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.