Friday, December 27, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #361: Disney Animator's Collection Anna

  Today's doll is one I got for Christmas the other day. She's this little girl.



Of course, she's Anna,from Frozen.


She's the current Disney Animator's Collection Anna. There have been a couple of others at least. You may have seen my other one,which is the very first Animator's Anna.

 

You can see her post HERE. There are slight differences between her face and the face on the new girl.


The new one has brown eye shadow and her lips look a little more natural.

And obviously the hair is different.


There were a couple of slightly different versions of the first dress,I think. The dress on this new girl is the same dress as an earlier gift set with Ann and Elsa,only a little shorter,and with a different collar.


Notice how the corners of her mouth paint aren't in the corners that are molded.

She has painted on undies.


Her shoes are pale green with a printed design.
 

Her little Olaf toy is different than the original too.
 

Like the other Animator's dolls little toys, her toy Olaf can hang on her wrist by the clear plastic band attached to him.
 

When the first version of the Anna doll came out,there were a lot of complaints that her ponytails were too high. Collector's redid her hair to make it more movie accurate. This new one has low ponytails.

And she still has a plastic tie in her head!
She's jointed at the neck,shoulders,and hips.


Her arms can move out to the sides a little bit.


Her head can not only turn side to side, but she can look up a bit.



But she can look downward much better.



I like her blushy cheeks and cute little freckles.


  I had a terrible time getting Anna out of her box! The insert wouldn't slide out of the box for one thing. I had to fight with that.Eventually I had to open the bottom of the box too and push the insert out the top. Then there were a million plastic ties holding her to the box. There were way too many,way more than were necessary. I would hate to have been a kid fighting with that on Christmas morning.


  That's today's doll. Tomorrow we'll see the other doll I got for Christmas, and some of my other gifts.

8 comments:

  1. What a cutie doll. I like that her nose upturns a little bit.

    I agree with you. I think that doll manufacturers make it way too difficult to get dolls out of their boxes. Geez, I don't remember having any trouble un-boxing dolls when I was a kid.

    I am looking forward to seeing your other Christmas gifts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really! Why should a doll need to be hooked in a box so much? is it going to get away?! Other gifts post up tonight!

      Delete
  2. She's very cute, I do like these Animator dolls although I gave all of mine but one away early last year, most of them had never been removed from their boxes, but I hope, having given them to a charity, they made some little children happy this Christmas.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the first one's dress better but this dress is cute too and of course you already have one of the first dress! I think this Olaf looks more like he's a toddler like her than the other one did. These dolls have such a sweet face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baby Olaf, back hen he was just a flake...

      Delete
    2. ROFL, took me a few read throughs to get that. Not enough coffee yet I guess

      Delete
    3. Yes, plus the 'w' in 'when' didn't type! So, to be fair, it didn't make a lot of sense.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.