Friday, December 27, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #360: Fuggler

  Can you believe the year is almost over?! This year has flown by. Today we had an unseasonably warm day,in the 50's. I spent the day taking advantage of after Christmas clearance sales. I've started shopping for next Christmas already.
  Today's dolls are these little weirdos.


They're called Fugglers.

It's short for Funny Ugly Monster
Fugglers began life about nine years ago,as handmade dolls on an Etsy site called cathairandteeth.

 

The handmade dolls with 'real' teeth were so popular that they eventually drew the attention of Spin Master,who produced mass market versions.
 


The originals were stuffed,and so were the original Spin Master dolls. These small vinyl versions came next.
 
Their signature 'real' teeth creep a lot of people out. They're what attracted me.





They're about 4 inches tall.
 

This one has a cape.

They all have buttons on their bottoms.
I found them on clearance at Meijer while I was Christmas shopping,and brought one home for Ivy's advent pockets. She loved it, and so did I. Between us we eventually ended up with all  but two of the series.
 


These are all from series 2 of the vinyl Fugglers. There were seven dolls,plus the 'mystery' Fuggler. We opened three mystery boxes, and they were all the guy with three eyes.


  Those are today's dolls. See you again tomorrow for another one. 

6 comments:

  1. I want to love them because they are kinda cute....but those teeth are creepy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I like UglyDolls but these are way better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that other folks like these kinds of toys but they are a bit too scary for me.

    I agree with you. I can't believe that next week is next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next week is next year.I hadn't thought of it that way.That seems even shorter!

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.