Friday, December 13, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #346: Tommy as The Munchkin Mayor

  I have been a bit remiss in not posting more Wizard of Oz dolls,as this year marks the 80th anniversary of the classic movie. I'm trying to make up for that. Today's doll is a brief one, in more ways than one, He's this guy.


He's the Munchkin Mayor,as portrayed by Kelly doll's friend Tommy.

Check out that mustache! He's the only Tommy with facial hair, I think.

He's 'brief',as in, he's short,and also as in, this is a short post.

His hat and shoes are made of felt.His hat is stitched to his head, and his shoes to his feet.

It has to be. I have to drive to Indiana tomorrow to get Ivy. (And no, her room is still not finished!)
 
He has the giant pocket watch. It's made of fabric and completely flat.They could have at least made it out of plastic.
The Munchkin Mayor was made in 1999. Fuzz has one too, but this one is Ivy's. Sorry about his dirty face!

His hair is a sculpted part of his head. He has the mayoral spit curls.
  That's today's doll. See you again tomorrow for another one.

3 comments:

  1. What a cutie doll! I like all of the characters from the Wizard of Oz - or as I like to call it "The Dorothy Story." chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they made a mistake fastening the clothes down to these dolls. They were very affordable so I am sure bought for children. I wonder how many had their clothes ripped off!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.