Sunday, December 22, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #356: Christmas Barbies

  The girls and I went Christmas shopping today,mainly to Grampa's Cheesebarn to pick up a few 'cheesy comestibles'. After staying up VERY late last night finishing the review of Maru and Friends new boy doll,Coy,I'm going with a simple post today. When I went through some of our old doll show tubs recently,I came across a bunch of Holiday and winter themed Barbie dolls. I thought it was a good time to show them to you. And remember,these dolls are all available if you spot one you like! I need the space!
  First of all are these Christmas Barbies.

Holiday Treats Barbie from 1997,1994's Caroling Fun Barbie,and Holiday Dreams Barbie from 1994.

These dolls are all play dolls that were often available at grocery stores and discount stores around the holiday season.
 
 

The other two aren't that common to find around here,but I find Caroling Fun's clothes, at least, all the time.


Holiday Treats was also available as an African American...


...and the hardest to find version, the brunette.

Her box says 'Fiesta',so you know she's...Hispanic?



The next two dolls were sold by Hallmark.


Holiday Sensation Barbie was sold in 1998. She's dressed and coiffed like a 1940's lady. She was part of the 'Holiday Homecoming series'. Many of the holiday Barbies that Hallmark produced were part of that series.

She has the beautiful Mackie face sculpt.
Victorian Elegance Barbie was sold by Hallmark in 1994.



Winter Princess Barbie was made in 1993. She wasn't specifically a Holiday Barbie, but she was a 'big dress' Barbie,clothed for Winter,so that gets her in this post


She was the first,I believe, in the series of Winter Princess Barbie dolls.


  Those are today's dolls. I'll see you tomorrow for the next doll.

12 comments:

  1. What pretty dolls. They are so nicely dressed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're ready for the holidays! I especially like Holiday Sensation. I would normally like Victorian Elegance too, but her dress is made of a nasty fabri, and she has that same boring Barbie face.

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness, so many Holiday Barbies! I love the dolls in narrow boxes, would love to have them all. In fact, I was going to purchase the Fiesta Brunette, but the prices exceeded my December doll budget. The Winter Princess is spectacular. Love the doll, love her box. I own the Midnight Princess 1997 and she's such a stunner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The average price seems to be about $15. If you get some money for Christmas,this one is available!

      Delete
    2. I've seen her on ebay for about that price, but ebay global shipping program plus the customs tripple the price (I'm from Poland) :)

      Delete
  3. Mattel did a good job with Holiday Sensation. That outfit looks like something even Gene herself would wear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose that accounts for why this doll appeals to me: I love Gene!

      Delete
  4. Loved seeing these beautiful dolls! Have a lovely holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um, Holiday Dreams needs some PANTS under that skimpy night shirt! I would say they could have made it shorter (sarcastically) but they really couldn't have.

    Now the others I LOVE the beautiful winter dresses, especially the blue one. Blue is my favorite color. I normally would like the Victorian because I LOVE the clothes of that era, but I don't like hers. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it's that short. It's about the same as that dress on the other doll.

      Delete
    2. It seems shorter, but then I think sometimes their dresses are short too. lol

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.