Sunday, December 1, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #334: Birthday Beauties Miss Topaz

  Today we finish up Ivy's birthday month and a month of her dolls with this lady.


She's from the 2007 Birthday Beauties series.



She's Miss Topaz.



 Topaz,which is a brown stone, is the birthstone for November. Miss Topaz has a topaz necklace.


Ivy hates topaz. She wants a new birthstone! I think it's pretty, much prettier than mine. Mine is aquamarine.


The doll also has a bracelet.



This is her original dress.

The dress closes in the back with snaps.
She also has her original brown mules. They seem to be a direct copy of the original Barbie mules.


I think this was one of the prettiest doll from the series. She has fair skin and red hair,and brown eyes. 





  I've said before what a hard combination that is to find on a doll. Fuzzy and I have red hair and brown eyes,and it is a bit uncommon, But doll makers seem to think all red haired people have blue eyes. Ivy has red hair,but her eyes have never been brown. They started out the same blue as Ken's. Then they changed over the years to what they are now. Ivy describes it as green with brown in the middle. Ivy is an extremely rare individual. Red heads make up only one to two percent of the world's population. Red hair and green eyes is the rarest hair and eye combination. And besides that, Ivy is a lefty,for most things. Some things she does left handed, and there are some things she uses her right hand for. Left handed people make up about ten percent of the world's population,while mixed handedness,or,the change of hand preference depending on the task, is something found in only about one percent of the population. Put all of her rare qualities together, and that makes Ivy one rare person indeed.
  This doll has the popular Steffie head sculpt.




She also has the Model Muse body.





  She originally came with a tiny chihuahua on a leash too.

"Where's my dog?!"

That's the doll for today,and that concludes the month of Ivy's dolls. We'll see more of them at some point though. Coming soon is a new doll review! Stay tuned! In the meantime, see you tomorrow for another doll.

7 comments:

  1. Gosh, I love topaz! I love aquamarine too, LOL. Weren't these Birthstone Beauties great, though? I'd have gotten each one if I could've. Topaz is a very pretty doll indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really were. Emma has one too. The birthday series that followed were beautiful dolls too.

      Delete
  2. That is a beautiful doll, her face is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Topaz is gorgeous! I have wanted one of these Birthstone Beauties for a long time. Hopefully one day I’ll be able to get one. I do have one of the dresses that I found at Goodwill on some random doll. It’s light blue, but I’m not sure which month it’s from.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This gal STILL on my wish-list,and maybe her dogs next door or at the shelter..hearing lots fom the nearly most popular dog around..think I would give her a baby deer IF I can find her used as I adore her fawn-ish eyes. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely doll.

    But I love aquamarine 😍. It is blue. Everything blue makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty doll. I like topaz. Now jewelers what to pass off citrine as the November birthstone. I don't know why.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.