Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #352: Gotz Modell Groom

    I had a doll photographed for today,only to find I had already posted her! So I had to fall back on this doll.
  Today's doll is a little confusing for me. He's this guy.

He's about 16 inches tall.
I pulled him out of the dolls for sale tub and I thought he was a Cabbage Patch rip off.

He has yarn hair like a Cabbage Patch doll, but he has sleep eyes.
But then I looked and noticed the pin on his jacket.

He has a felt suit.
It says Gotz Modell. But he looks like a Cabbage Patch clone! I found a few pictures of Cabbage Patch looking Gotz Modell dolls,including this guy and his bride. They usually were labeled as 'rare West German Spielfreunden' doll.  I don't know if he was meant as a Cabbage Patch rip off,or what the deal is.If anybody can enlighten me, please do.

He has a mark on his chubby cheek.
  Ivy seems to be enjoying her 'new' room. It help that our cat,Mow, seems to enjoy sharing it with
her. 
  See you again tomorrow for another doll.

5 comments:

  1. He definitely looks like a Cabbie rip-off to me! Not that that's a bad thing, of course! Hey, did you get the info you needed?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't recognize him. I hope he finds his bride (chuckle).

    ReplyDelete
  3. No clue who he is, but he is cute. What an impressive little suit for such a small doll.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's 16", so it was a bit easier to work with I guess.

      Delete
  4. I found two of these wonderful dolls in a thrift store for $7.50 each. Couldn’t be happier. One is the blonde groom.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.